• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help out a new guy!

Biggles

of the military. It is very frustrating. I don't know whether you served or not but like I said I don't regret going in one tiny bit I'm really glad I did. But I'm also glad I got out and didn't re-enlist to stay for 20 (although retiring at 38 is apealling no matter how you slice it.)

gonorth

Tie6044, AndydieselPower, or others with pickups at Camp Dodge soon.

My EUC went to Battle Creek on the 13th, (as in Friday the 13th) :twisted:

Anyway I hope mine gets approved yet today or Thursday, based on my last one it should be but who knows. What is your EUC status/outlook?

Are you (or anyone else) still interested in a convoy Friday, or whenever BC gives us the okey-dokey? For others, this group is headed north from Camp Dodge into Minnesota so anyone in MN, the Dakotas, or northern Wisconsin would likely use the same route at least up to I-90.

Biggles, sorry we are kind of hijacking your thread but this kind of just evolved here if anyone thinks we should move it elsewhere we sure can.

Last edited:

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
(highjack continued) I can basically go any day, Andy thinks he can't go until next week. I would like to go when others are going. I will be needing to find a spot near the base to store one of mine for a few days as I will be trailering mine one at a time. If anyone knows of a spot let me know, thanks.

gonorth

I would rather go as a group too and am pretty flexible on when. Lets just stay in touch on this Hijacked thread.

Tie, I will PM you with a lead on a possible storage location.

gonorth

BMCUSNAVY, maybe the navy will sell a destroyer on a GL auction for you to buy. Or maybe a life boat. ;-) Man, a PT boat would be cool, did they ever sell any of those?

50shooter

(highjack continued) I can basically go any day, Andy thinks he can't go until next week. I would like to go when others are going. I will be needing to find a spot near the base to store one of mine for a few days as I will be trailering mine one at a time. If anyone knows of a spot let me know, thanks.

Tie, if you are only thinking of leaving one for a few days, you could always leave it where it sits. You have two weeks to get it out. I did that at CD with 105s. I cleared it w/both GL and CD folks and they didn't have a problem.

My EUC has cleared but I'm looking like next week at this point.

Good luck on the north bound convoy.

Biggles, have you decided on a game plan?

BMCUSNAVY

Most of our ships that we did sell to our allies, where the fast frigates (had to refuel every couple of days) and some of the WWII LST's that are still in operation with the Thailand Navy. A PT boat would be awesome. I don't think my wife would go for that one. I have 2 deuces & she noticed that I was looking at another one... lol lol lol. I think 2 are enough. If things go 2 hell & I need to leave the area, I know they will handle all the ammo, guns, etc. and be able to burn pretty much any fuel that I can find along the way.

Biggles

my plan is to try and get it shipped, I just don't want to wind up trying to fix an unfamiliar truck in the dark in some parking lot. I'm just waiting on me EUC at this point.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey 50shooter, I figured I could just leave one on the base and come back another day but I'm just trying not to take 2 days off of work. I'd like to get them both off the base in one day and then come back on a weekend to recover the other one. If I can find a place today I might go tomorrow to get them off the base.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well me and gonorth are heading down tomorrow if anyone else is going shoot me a PM and we can hook up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks