• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help out a new guy!

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I just got 2 from Dodge at the last auction. I liked those trucks better than the ones at AL. Now to get them home. Change of plans. They are gonna be shipped. Reality set in and driving 2 deuces back seemed like an adventurous thing to do, but reading some very practical posts drove the notion home about having to repair a 45 year old truck, that breaks down 1000 miles from home, and the guys at Auto Zone look at you like you are an alien, when you tell them its a 66 Kaiser, was too much. My EUC is at BC and suspect it back in 3-5 days. My rump and back are thinking my brain for not being the Indiana Jones of deuces.

roscoe

Hmmm, I sent my euc in on the 13th and the status hasn't changed yet in the "my account area". The GL chat lady said it's been received -- even asked and got confirmed reciept emailed -- but no change in status.
Biggles, Its nice to know you didn't have a problem with using your cell phone. I was debating getting rid of the land line.

Biggles

I just called them and checked my status. it took them three days I'd guess to update the status online every time my EUC made it to the next step

50shooter

Biggles, you should be able to fill out page 2 of your invoice and get it to the truck driver ahead of time. I've had 6 trucks and trailers picked up w/out being present.

Have you talked to the truck driver to be sure he is OK with dealing with the paperwork, time, and starting and loading of your deuce? The guys that brought mine wouldn't think of loading or unloading because of insurance. That wasn't an issue as Dad loaded at CD and I unloaded at the farm.

I'm not asking just to foil your plan, I just hope your recovery goes as close to clock work as the IANG guys will let it, for your sake.

Best of luck.

Biggles

I have filled out both pages of the invoice and I faxed it to the base and the truck driver. It doesn't sound to me like he would have a problem loading the truck but I haven't outright asked him. I mentioned to him that i didn't think the brakes where in very good condition and might not be reliable and he said that wouldn't be a problem he would disconnect he trailer from the truck and use chocks to stop the truck if he had to. I guess I should probably double check with him though just to be sure. I'm not sure how much help I would be to load or unload the thing I've never even started a deuce before!

roscoe

Biggles, whats the transport cost? How many hours / miles away is it. If you don't mind giving it. I'm hopfully only a few weeks behind you in getting mine picked up. I'd like to drive it back but it may not work out so transport may be an option.

Jinx

MY EUC JUST CLEARED!

I feel so excited that I'm feeling a little nauseous. lol

The auction ended March 12.
EUC submitted to GL on March 13
EUC forwarded to Battle Creek on March 23
EUC approved on March 31

WOOT! WOOT!

roscoe

Congragulations Jinx, I just got informed today that I need revisions. Auction ended the 12th also. It came accross as spam and almost got deleted. Hope your recovery goes well. Where is your truck coming from?

Biggles

i found the shipper through Uship and i got bids ranging from 450 to 670 (plus 20 bucks to the website upon confirmation for processing) the cheapest bid was 450 and the guy seemed very nice and didn't expect to be paid up front or anything like that I had one person offer to drive the truck to me as is for a little under 500 (I declined as if i thought the truck was safe to drive i'd do it my self) it is about 350 miles i think, between 4 and 5 hours.

Tibby

Now I have to go cruise the Chatham area to see this truck . . .

Start rooting through www.cyberdriveillinois.com. I did that a while back, because I do want a deuce . . . . some day. It seemed to me that you had to go the commercial route if you wanted to be able to do anything with it - and be completely above board. The plates and registration are not cheap. If I understood correctly, you have to pay a $500 surety bond for some mileage weight tax reporting reasons. You don't escape taxation in Illinois these days. There is a presumption that anything that large can only be associated with a for-profit business or a farm. Unless I missed something . . .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks