• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help plz stuck in byron

bill2444

When pulling with you friends deuce, remember that they pull a heck of a lot more from the rear: than from the front.
Sorry that's I have to offer for help...

axlr8

Also, if you have big snatch blocks and 2 anchor points rearward of the truck, you could probably get some nice leverage depending on what you set up. But no normal snatch is that big.

bill2444

If worse comes to worse, and you can let the truck sit for a few days, I have 200' of 5/8" cable&hook off of my 5 ton winch I got that you could have( ups is on you though) Then you could utilize the self recovery method. An offroad recovery by a big truck towing company will leave you crying for months($$$$)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You have two problems....the front axle is high sided by the mud so the tires have little or no traction, then you have the resistance of the mud that the truck is stuck in to overcome.

You are either going to need brute force to overcome both problems such as a big tractor or dozer or you are going to have to get enough mechanical advantage to pull it out with the other deuce.

The other duece needs to have a load on it for maximum traction and to supply mass. You need to avoid getting that deuce stuck as well. If you can get a load on the recovery truck get as close to the stuck truck as possible and hook to to.....if the recovery truck has traction it should be able to pull it out using a tow chain, cable or snatch strap. Pulling in reverse in Low Range will give you the max advantage.

To get mechanical advantage you will need some steel cable and snatch blocks and an anchor point if the recovery vehicle doesn't have a winch.

There is a TM that tells how to rig MV's to pull them out but I forget the number......don't know it it has been posted here.

Since you are in a power line right of way there are prob not going to be any solid anchor points to hook to.

Hope this helps.

stampy

Sounds like you need one of those "diving shovel type pull points" I don't remember what they are called but I know one member on here was making them. They are SOOOOO COOL!

dilligaf13

Sounds like you need one of those "diving shovel type pull points" I don't remember what they are called but I know one member on here was making them. They are SOOOOO COOL!
Pull-Pal is one of the companies that makes winching anchors. I've got one and it's a pretty solid product.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The big one at the 11SSGAR wanted to PLOW after digging in about 6"

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
think the op is unstuck, at least that is what post #33 sounds like

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to know what you were snatching it with. You can do amazing things with a 60,000# strap and another deuce. Ask Ferro