• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help plz stuck in byron

saddamsnightmare

December 25th, 2011.

What a Christmas present! When a 6X6 gets stuck, it's bad, when you bob a deuce and get it stuck, it's worse. My humble recomendations would be to get several 10 ton Simplex track jacks with the controlled release (EG "Jack down" feature), and jack the truck at all four corners untill the wheels are level with the original ground surface. Then fill in the hole and check your junkyards to see if any have the rock screen material off of a Trailer Train auto carrier car. Use these as Marston mats under the wheels, let the truck down, and get out fast the way you came in.
Bobbed deuces are pretty lame off road vehicles just because of the lack of traction versus weight, and no locking differentials.... If you're going to play in that kind of terrain, get a Unimog S404.114 with winch, they go places no deuce can go, and when they get stuck, you're really in deep!
Jacking and filling seems to be the only way you are going to get out, so remember to bring LOTS of blocking for the jacks and the truck. Otherwise, just hire a Skycrane or a Chinook to get you out.....:shock:Good luck and never go where you're gonna get stuck ever again...:sad:

aua

CycleJay

Axlr8,

I cannot resist, when you said "But no normal snatch is that big."
I cannot help it, I gotta say, You have not seen my ex-wife.. ROFLMAO....

My apologies to anyone that may have offended..

Have a good day, Merry Christmas..

CJ

timothy1

Axlr8,

CJ
I been having rough day and that comment just made me spit my drink. Thanks needed the laugh

deuceaid

Banned
Axlr8,

CJ
Jay,,,, Your not the only one who thought that....Your not alone....

jimh1985

here are the pics i was out of town. I ended up sticking a chain through the rim and letting the truck wrap it between the rim and the brake drum. it worked and lucky me without any damage!
also had to dig out the front of the truck turns out about 3 feet down there was an old telephone pule that got wedged between the front tires that was the main thing holding it in and after about 4 hours of digging i was able to get to it and axe it in half.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z196/jimh1985/ResizedImage_1324935671727.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z196/jimh1985/ResizedImage_1324935694794.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z196/jimh1985/ResizedImage_1324935728999.jpg

wikallen

What was the other end of the chain connected to?

Try to pretend that the readers of your post have no clue on what you did. Also, you can attach the pics to your post.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Just saw this message (a lot of router and computer issues, I'm still down on my own computer due to a virus). Anyhow.....

A good reason to:

A. Always carry an unditching beam when in the backwoods with nobody else around.
B. Always read the FM on recovery operations (this could have been a self recovery).
C. Attend the GA Rally so as to learn and practice recovery ops.
D. Don't screw with mother nature, don't bob and single out a deuce with thin tires and then expect it to go where a normal deuce goes to.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleJay
Axlr8,

CJ

Jay,,,, Your not the only one who thought that....Your not alone....

Gosh...how many of you guys knew this woman??:shock::shock:

PS...glad the OP got unstuck:beer: