• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help transmission builders!

cliffyp

So I'm working on rebuilding a 700r4 for my m1008. I have a 1992 K case that I pulled off a truck at a U-pull. I just pulled the pump and I'm concerned with the case. There is an opening under the level of the pump seals that shows through to the shift linkage that the manual detent spring connects to. The only reason it concerns me is because it doesn't look machined like I would expect. Have a look at the pics. Is this normal, or do I need to get a new case?

Attachments

ODdave

If.your so good with transmissions, why isn't big bird running?

Time Gimp....Time.. I have none. As I said before, I need to have a chat with my boss as work has been interfeering with my hobbies more and more lately.

Gonna tear into it tomarrow and see what the deal is (of corse its snowing tonight.....)

geezer71

I have a 1968 M-35A2, still new to the MV scene. How do you service the transmission, sounds like the throw-out bearings are getting a lil rough?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to post your question in the Deuce forum

The lube order for the deuce has all the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks