• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with dash at night

rmgill

Hey Bjorn, wouldn't it make sense to move the headlights to a relay with it's own breaker? That's take the largest amperage draw off the 3 lever switch. You could make it a pretty easy modification with a single relay for each lamp with a separate wire bundle. That way you don't have to cut the harness behind the 3 lever.

mangus580

I think what Ryan was saying, was to use relays up near the headlights, so as to not 'butcher' the wiring harness to use your schematic. which would work just fine, but require 4 relays... or I suppose you could grab the wires right before the dimmer switch... maybe thats what you were suggesting Bjorn? minds a little foggy, too much programming lately....

Iron Mike

Have you considered soldering halogen 4-12 watt 12V pairing them in series?
I had done this in my M37, but the switch felt hot, so I added a 500k pot.
It made the red gauges jump out too brightly.
I could see my reflection in the windshield better than the hood, on full "power" with the dimmer knob.
You wouldn't believe where I found them the cheapest, only $1.50 ea; Walmart.
Don't forget; wire'em in series - paired up. Lower 4 watters were the lowest heat in the bulb casing.

Step two, the bright LEDs in fixed positon cans, aiming directly at the needles. Use almost no amperage
and can control any gauge individually for priority lighting, wired up seperately. Look for Milspec aviation
clearing houses for the reverse direction bulb "cans" for Jet instrumentation panels. they are also in 24V config.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks