• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP with glow plug issues

trooper632

Hello all, new to the forum. After reading some of the posts, this is the issue. checked each glow plug with test light, and each one lights up. Now I just put a new ford gpr109 on the m1009 and after the key is turned on, the small blue and orange wires are showing they are getting power but nothing to the glow plugs and the wait to start light will not illuminate. any help would be appreciated. also it appears that there are no fusable links that are burnt. thanks donny

CCATLETT1984

on that new relay you put in, do you hear a click when you turn the key to run? the blue wire should not have power, its a ground (the controller switches the ground to activate the plugs, as the power wire is ignition hot.)

trooper632

no click when the key is turned on, the blue wire nor the small orange wire have power when the key off. when the key is turned on both the blue wire and the orange wire are hot. no wait to start light ever comes on. the controller under the dash is there but there is nothing plugged into it, I assume that is where the CARD would go, but nothing is there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks