• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with M35A2 cargo cover

runk

Those hooks seem to be unobtainium, I have several broken ones and tried to find replacments. One of my clients makes a lot of aerospace and mil spec softgoods, and I spent a long lunch with one of their older engineers going through all the catalogs and online searches looking for replacements and had no luck. All the part numbers in the new and old TMs were dead ends. When I called GMA, they also couldn't (wouldn't ?) supply them. I ended up picking something out of the McMaster Carr catalog that would do the job, but look pretty different.

If anyone has a source, I'd be interested as well.

aboonski

I live in Florida and the sun rotted my canvas in no time. My M105A2 cargo covers are canvas and seem to handle UV rays very well with no deterioration as compared to the canvas covers. Even my end curtains are rotting now on the deuce that are made of canvas.

Bad Karma

Mike Malizia <mmalizia@bretonindustries.com> from Brenton Industries says they have them but it is against company policy to share there vendors names and they will not sell them. Maybe someone can convince them the industry needs these. It's amazing in this day and age a company doesn't want to sell something.

steelandcanvas

I love this answer, it can practically be use to answer most any question posted on the forums haha why do we even need a forms if we have all the TM'
It was in response to the OP's original inquiry, how to secure the cargo cover. Obviously the Mod thought that maybe by suggesting to read the basic Operator's TM, he might discover that information, and a lot more. Most repetitive questions could be answered by simply perusing the Operator's TM. You're right, forums should provide answers, and sometimes even guide someone in the right direction for that answer.

aboonski

Getting ready to put my new vinyl cargo cover on but want to make sure I do not put it on backwards. The photos helped a little. Thinking the front would be where the nomenclature is printed but I may be wrong. There's a couple of things that look like vents on the top of one end and thinking that may be the front. There were no instructions in the box and no stenciled "FRONT" on the cover. Any help with this would sure be appreciated! Happy when I found out the vinyl cover is very light as compared to the canvas ones.

TehTDK

Mike Malizia <mmalizia@bretonindustries.com> from Brenton Industries says they have them but it is against company policy to share there vendors names and they will not sell them. Maybe someone can convince them the industry needs these. It's amazing in this day and age a company doesn't want to sell something.
Geez. People want the product, they have the product but wont sell it?. No wonder some businesses are going under >.>

aboonski

Just bought another one of these for the future. The seller still has one more left on Ebay and offers "free shipping" which was a big plus for me even though he is located just south of where I live in West Melbourne Florida. I love how the light filters through the cover unlike what I had previously with the green canvas.

rolling18

these vinyl cargo covers are great I like the tan one for the same reason that light filters in and I am thinking of buying another one myself! I need to find a vinyl repair kit go to repair some minor cuts and tearsg

also the stitching around the zipper has all come undone so the zippers basically useless for the windows kind of sucks but I'll have to find someone who can sew these things.. Heh

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to use this thread to hopefully get a little help in the same area... The M35A2 Cargo Cover. I have done a great deal of searching here, but it now it is time to ask...

I want to replace the super-rope. It has dry-rotted and basically disintegrated. I have the rope, I just need a diagram or the actual TM reference that shows HOW TO LACE THE SUPER ROPE THROUGH ALL OF THE EYELETS, ETC., ON THE 2 1/2 TON CARGO COVER...

Any help with this would be very much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

JOECOOL48

I bought a bundle of 10 last year like the photo in post # 16,at the GA Rally. Very reasonable priced. They were OD, not tan. Can't remember right off who I got them from, but they did give me a free cap.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A new one would be nice, but I'm just going to replace the super-rope (which I bought 100' of), and use the one I have... (As soon as I figure out the lacing process)!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
runk,

Thank you!

Ironically, I thanked you way back when you posted those pics, too! VERY helpful!

Is that routing described in a TM anywhere that you (or anyone reading this) is aware?

Also, can I do this with the cover OFF of the truck, or would it be easier ON the truck. I'm thinking that the front part would be difficult to get to if it were on the truck. Wondering too, how much tension/slack to put in the super-rope along the side (long) runs as I install it.

Thanks again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks