• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with my RT-524 install

RJTM998

Alright guys I am new to this radio stuff and need a little help. I have searched but still a little confused.

I have the RT524 I am hooking up in my M998. I have the shelf, tray and radio. I have a coax cable and mic. The antenna is a AS 3900. I know that is probably not the preferred antenna but I understand it will work.

I am trying to figure out the power cable. What cable do I need? I assume it hooks into the tray? Which port? Is it best to hook to the starter? Direct to the battery? I was given a cable but not sure that is the correct one. It has 4 wires coming out? Why 4 wires? Also, it looks pretty rough so if it is correct I will be replacing it.

I appreciate any advice. Pictures and or TM links, etc. Would be great. Thanks!!

Attachments