• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with my RT-524 install

RJTM998

Alright guys I am new to this radio stuff and need a little help. I have searched but still a little confused.

I have the RT524 I am hooking up in my M998. I have the shelf, tray and radio. I have a coax cable and mic. The antenna is a AS 3900. I know that is probably not the preferred antenna but I understand it will work.

I am trying to figure out the power cable. What cable do I need? I assume it hooks into the tray? Which port? Is it best to hook to the starter? Direct to the battery? I was given a cable but not sure that is the correct one. It has 4 wires coming out? Why 4 wires? Also, it looks pretty rough so if it is correct I will be replacing it.

I appreciate any advice. Pictures and or TM links, etc. Would be great. Thanks!!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks