• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help with title!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please clarify.....

The truck has a SF-97 in the dead guys name. Someone from the family sold it to a third party. The third party never titled it and now wants to sell it to you.

Does that sum it up?

Have the seller do a bonded title and then buy it from him. If he doesn't want to do that then it is only worth scrap prices. Scrap is way down right now.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

How much money are we talking, for a truck without a title here? Typical going rate for a normal truck, or dirt cheap that it can't be passed up?

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only the original SF97 holder can apply for a title, in this case his legal delegate.

"Danger Will Robinson Danger"

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You get a notorized bill of sale and a bonded title, but someone else (who has a bad attitude) has the legitimate title and can pop up at any time.

What could possibly go wrong?
TXDMV won't give you a bonded title if there is a good title on record. Y'all are being too paranoid. I bought this spectacular title-less M54A2 from a fellow SS'r and low and behold, the bonded title arrived in the mail today. Usual story, did not apply for a SF-97. Sure the bonded title cost $100 for the bond and $300 in taxes, but to me it was worth it.

Attachments

wilsonmotors

he only wants like 2500 for it and i have a buddy that owns a towing company. he said if it comes down to it we can i think the way he explained it was to like sieze the truck and lock it up for like 60 days and send certifed letters out and then the state would issue a new title for the truck.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
he only wants like 2500 for it and i have a buddy that owns a towing company. he said if it comes down to it we can i think the way he explained it was to like sieze the truck and lock it up for like 60 days and send certifed letters out and then the state would issue a new title for the truck.
We can't stop you from acting how ever you choose but the effort required and problems that could arise with this truck vastly outweigh the benefits. Best of luck either way.

robert c neth

Banned
seems the norm around here most trucks dont have a title.since there is a problem with the family i wouldnt buy it.or find out who the family member is and go talk to them ,i once paid a family member 200.00 to sign the title over.

Blueduce

What is the mechanical & structural condition of this deuce. To spend $2500 for a truck that doesn't run and has all the drama. I'm not degrading your mechanical ability or skill level but if I where you I would have another deuce owner look her over first. I only suggest this because I know sometimes when I really want something I tend to look at it through rose colored glasses.
If your buddy needs to come tow it off do you know what's wrong with the truck. Or are you towing it because it has no title. My 2cents I would get another member out to look it over. A $2500 truck that needs $2500 worth of repairs, parts and labor in not a super great deal. There are several trucks I know of that are good runners with clear title for $5000 or less. At least get us some picks so we can see the beast.
I'm just down the road and would be willing to help. I could meet you at the truck with the -10 so we could do a good PMCS and see step by step what's wrong with her.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have done the Texas title thing and the majority of the respondents to this thread are advising you to walk away. Does the bonded title process work. Yes ,if there is not claim to the vehicles title. If you get in the middle of of a probate settlement or a family feud, you are going to lose. Think this over carefully. There are more fish in the sea.

Good luck.

wilsonmotors

There is nothing wrong with the truck runs great and is a real nice truck. I have a buddy in the army that works on these trucks all day he said he would go with me and go over it and know what to look for . But I am thinkin I should just find another one I would like a bobbed deuce I kind of wanted to do it myself but it would b easier just to get one already done. And here is a pic of the truck.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks