• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with wiring

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you both for all the help. I know the 2 piece vacuum hose connection at the injection pump is cracked. I did a partial jacked up fix on it. I replaced a small section of the hose too. Hopefully I will get some more free time this weekend. Thanks again.
If you have a vacuum gauge, just check the vacuum coming out of the vacuum pump. It should read around 24 to 28 inHg Start there and if the pump is working you can work your way over to the vacuum regulator. Just pull off the rubber hose and hook up your vacuum gauge. Quick and easy, and will get you back on the road. The vacuum coming out of the regulator should read around 12 inHg if I remember correctly. My suspicion as Keith mentioned, is your vacuum regulator is bad. Easy to check in about a minute with a vacuum gauge.

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you both for all the help. I know the 2 piece vacuum hose connection at the injection pump is cracked. I did a partial jacked up fix on it. I replaced a small section of the hose too. Hopefully I will get some more free time this weekend. Thanks again.
You don't need that connection. It is an obsolete part. Just plug the hoses directly into the vacuum regulator.

Last edited:

Toddbo35

Well I had to take a break due to several other problems not related to the truck. Yesterday I got back to it and changed out the vacuum hoses. Now the transmission shifts just fine. I did delete the 2 piece connection at the IP. Next will be an oil change. Also install passenger side door and get lights and horn working for inspection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks