• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemet-Ryan Air Show 6-11-11

armytruck63

#2 for a crazy day.:mad: Here goes: drove 60 miles to job, worked half a day, met my old boss for lunch to talk about possible new job, after lunch went to my dad's to load the M38A1 on the trailer (dad is 83), surprise, messed up lights on the car trailer due to it being dropped/dragged on the street recently, trip to Pep Boys for new trailer plug, installed new 7-pin plug, lights still don't work, found and repaired broken wires in harness, got out M38A1, running rich, took drive to warm it up, back to dad's, tuned carb somewhat (probably needs rebuild), loaded jeep. Then son in law called, broken throttle cable on hot VW, can't take stock cable, must use high performance set up, told dad to tie down jeep himself, picked up son in law in law and friend, high tailed it to VW speed shop for parts, got parts, returned to broken down VW, left them to fix, took 35 minutes to go two miles to get on freeway because another major freeway was closed, first 30 miles of drive home was stop and go, traffic finally lightened up got home tired, hungry and grumpy, now I have to hose off Blazer in the dark and get stuff ready for tomorrow!

Whew! I feel better now.

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
SO Far......this list is getting long.g.ger

CB main channel 13 , backup channel 23

The Yucaipa Convoy Leaves at 6:30 am from Angels Roadhouse
.................32464 Dunlap Blvd Yucaipa, CA 92399

The Moreno Valley Convoy Leaves at 7:30 am from the Kohl`s parking lot which is behind the Chevron gas station
27050 Fir Avenue Moreno Valley, CA 92555

Show up before those times if your gonna eat/grab anything/ pictures or chat, etc.....

Gottlos................. M1009. M416... CB. ....Hazzard lights........... Moreno convoy

Armytruck63......... M1009 +Mule..... CB...................... Yucaipa -Moreno convoy

BadCarp............... M109....... CB ..........Chips dip.. backup kitchen...Moreno convoy

BarneysZoo.......... M813.......... ?..........Grill + Fuel+ Meat.......... Moreno convoy

Met1 .....................M35.......................... buns......................... Moreno convoy

Deuceaid...... M35... CB...,condoments...spare tires................. yucaipa-moreno convoy

Mentone Jim......WC1...CB........LEAD OF ALL CONVOYS!!!................yucaipa-moreno convoy

The Recorder........ M35 ...... CB(handheld)...... prc77.........................moreno convoy

JDToumanian..........M35.......some mill radio prc77?.......................yucaipa-moereno convoy

................................non-convoy...............................

MVPA1....................M38a1.................... ....................................?

SEE YA:jumpin::driver:

Last edited:

Loco_Hosa

I've got plates, bowls and spoons (for the BBQ Beans). Cups for sodas and I always have some papertowels in the rig. Chips and Dips (green onion and toasted onion).

Anyone able to pick up loco hosa on thier way? Loco if you can get to the Moreno Valley checkpoint, I can certainly take you from there.

Mayo is good on burgers :)
I gave it some thought and I am going to call tomorrow a "test drive"/"Shakedown run" and take the Deuce. Ill meet up with ya'll at 730, assuming that all goes well. :D

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned

The Moreno Valley Convoy Leaves at 7:30 am from the Kohl`s parking lot which is behind the Chevron gas station

Show up before those times if your gonna eat/grab anything/ pictures or chat, etc.....

Gottlos................. M1009. M416... CB. ....Hazzard lights........... Moreno convoy

Armytruck63......... M1009 +Mule..... CB...................... Yucaipa -Moreno convoy

BadCarp............... M109....... CB ..........Chips dip.. backup kitchen...Moreno convoy

BarneysZoo.......... M813.......... ?..........Grill + Fuel+ Meat.......... Moreno convoy

Met1 .....................M35.......................... buns......................... Moreno convoy

Deuceaid...... M35... CB...,condoments...spare tires................. yucaipa-moreno convoy

Mentone Jim......WC1...CB........LEAD OF ALL CONVOYS!!!................yucaipa-moreno convoy

The Recorder........ M35 ...... CB(handheld)...... prc77.........................moreno convoy

JDToumanian..........M35.......some mill radio prc77?.......................yucaipa-moreno convoy

Loco-Hosa.............M35.................................................................moreno convoy

MVPA1....................M38a1.................... ....................................?

Met1

Just loaded the buns into the truck. I think that this will be the first official time that my deuce has ever hauled buns!! rofl

armytruck63

Armytruck63 update: M1009 only, not enough time to get Mule ready. Hand held CB with rubber ducky antenna, can't find BNC to RG-58 adapter to use larger antenna. But, I do have PRC-25 to try out as standby.

See you guys in the AM!

deuceaid

Banned

Deuceaid...... M35... CB...BNC to RG58 connectors.......condiments... yucaipa-moreno convoy

JDToumanian..........M35.......some mill radio prc77?.......................yucaipa-moreno convoy

Loco-Hosa.............M35.............................. ...................................moreno convoy

deuceaid

Banned
I want to thank everyone for making this a fun day. Mat and I had a blast on our first convoy/show!

Thanks Bad_Carp for the trade and chips..funny how my oil gauge broke the other day....it was meant to be....lol

JDToumanian , Thanks for the Vic 1 intercom tour,,, really enjoyed that,,even swayed me away from going the aircraft comm system route, and thanks for the lemonade , still laughing about your backup bell:-D

TheRecorder , thanks for the hookup, I will take all Your illicit MV videos:twisted:

BarneysZoo + Met1+ Bad_Carp and gang, thanks for Lunch,,,and we didnt get busted by the airport firemen!!!

I would say this last,,,, but I cant.... Thanks Armytruck63 for giving us the heads up, guiding us and coordinating with the airport!

Last ,,,,yes last, and least (tonnage wise-maybe)... I would like to Thank (as I am sure JDToumanian would) ..................
Gottlos , for keeping the convoy moving, Your a great tail guner, and you pulled that light switch at just the right time,,,, on several occasions!!!!! I didnt see it myself, but I have heard of the Legend!!!fat lady sings

Thanks everyone, Deuceaid...........

TheRecorder

Convoy

From my perspective, I think we all looked pretty Cool in our MV's, Well all of you did, I couldn't see myself.

. :jumpin:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ6XcJIaQec&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

Last edited:

Met1

Great video! We had a great time yesterday! It was nice to meet new friends, and good to see the old ones! Those are some excellent pics as well!

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool video. Awesome use of the opening music to Hamburger Hill. I'm glad there's no proof of any traffic violations having happened during the convoy.