• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMITT Tractor Sold in Berne NY Auction

JeepMan

(Due to the "No Auctions" posting rule I could'nt post this untill after the auction).
Someone bought a HEMITT at a town surplus auction for $15,700.
Hard to understand the description but it sounded like the engine had been removed and put into another vehicle of some sort but was included in the auction after it was removed from the vehicle??
The auction had 2 main bidders that kept outdoing the other.
Included in the auction was a few M1009's that sold for a few hundred to a couple thousand $$.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, the wife wanted it, but it went over our current budget. I guess we will get new windows and siding this year, instead. It was a rare truck, I hope it gets put back together. It needs an engine, but was a running and driving unit before that.

powerhouseduece

Im sure the new owner will not step forward untill its complete. :p You never know, it could have been me.......

Cant wait for my dad to hear this! He's trying to get a m37, O'yea I got a hemtt!! :roll:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really, halftrack? Did you get it, or are you pulling our legs?

I sure hope it went to a good home, someone who is on our site....

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I want to know is how did that get here in NY? HEMTT M983's are used for one thing, and one thing only. Towing Patriot Missle Systems.. And all the Patriots in CONUS are in NM, TX, and AL. So that truck traveled along way to get to NY.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't suppose there were missiles in NY? Near the Canadian border, do you? :roll:

What's that French APC, doing in Syracuse?

jasonjc

After 911 did they not put those around the BIG citys???And as for the distance if it was not there all ready, My XM818 was in a NG unit in the NE and I got it from OKC. So go figure. My vote is for chris or BK??

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Rumor has it that MTV purchased the HEMTT and it will appear on multiple episodes of PIMP MY RIDE. P-Diddy will be the final owner and most likey join Steel Soldiers and buy this site from Chris!!!