• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMITT Tractor Sold in Berne NY Auction

D8dave

Yeah a few do And so some things are just best unsaid or unposted !!! How would you like it if you were in the middle of bidding on some thing and some dummy posted it and it drove up the bid !!!@# Kinda would piss you off, wouldn't it. If you're not bidding on something, maybe you should stay the hell out of it, period. Or maybe somebody would do the same thing to you, right? that would only be fair. :evil: I guess that could happen?!:idea:

powerhouseduece

Yeah a few do And so some things are just best unsaid or unposted !!! How would you like it if you were in the middle of bidding on some thing and some dummy posted it and it drove up the bid !!!@# Kinda would piss you off, wouldn't it. If you're not bidding on something, maybe you should stay the hell out of it, period. Or maybe somebody would do the same thing to you, right? that would only be fair. :evil: I guess that could happen?!:idea:
You took the words right out of my mouth! your right, I did not win it, or did I even bid on it. But also why is everyone so worried about who got it? Im tellin you we will find out soon enough! Just like every thing else! Do you think there are people here that will let it fall into the hands of a scrap yard? I think not!

LanceRobson

D8dave and I had looked into maybe going in on the tractor with the idea of eventually reselling it.

The thing apparently ran OK when the town took the engine to replace one in an M911 that had over heated. The M911s engine has been checked by an engine shop experienced with Detroits and appears to be savable with a refresh and cylinder liners for about $2K in parts.

A local heavy hauling outfit I've done business with runs deadhead trucks up and down I-90 (near the truck) on an almost weekly basis and was willing to haul it back to either Dave's shop or mine for a very reasonable price. They also have a construction and large site excavation division and had a possible interest in the truck after it was fixed up.

A friend with whom I was a Boy Scout leader for many years owns Onondaga Coach. They have a complete service shop 4 miles from my house and were willing to help with the engine work.

It was looking like a stretch, financially but "do-able" until the price spiked (surprise, surprise!) Then the whole project was just too much money without having a good grasp on how many houses I'll be building this year.

I think somebody got a good truck and I wish them luck.

On the plus side, as of last night, it looks like we break ground an a new house in two weeks. If I can get 2-4 more started I'll be more than happy and get back to buying big trucks. I want a 5 ton and would love to make the $$ work out for a big tractor.

Lance