• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Update

Stalwart

Well, another 140 mile drive today, still making me smile. We got our new sides back after painting and all that is left is to match the camo, that will have wait for warmer weather. The truck is dirty due to some wet weather but I should have a chance to wash it before the PNW Mini Meet on Sat. the 6th. Now I have to modify the bows to allow the center side panels to come down while the cargo cover is on. The playing never stops. :D

Attachments

Stalwart

Thanks guys! I can't tell you what a fine job they did re-creating the sides, they are an exact copy of the original ones, but now the same height as the cab (9" taller than stock) and weigh only 46 lbs being made entirely out of 1/8" aluminum.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks guys! I can't tell you what a fine job they did re-creating the sides, they are an exact copy of the original ones, but now the same height as the cab (9" taller than stock) and weigh only 46 lbs being made entirely out of 1/8" aluminum.
I agree! You have access to a great fab shop! Once you camo them the will blend right in with the rest of the truck. The body lines match up nicely too.

Stalwart

Once you camo them the will blend right in with the rest of the truck. The body lines match up nicely too.
That's exactly what we were thinking, having the bed sides follow the lines of the cab and engine doghouse made sense. The stockers were high shin height to perhaps knee, the only thing that looks goofy is now the crane is below the bed sides and looks a little crooked. You can't have everything, there is always a compromise in nearly everything you do . . . CORRECTION, everything I do. :wink:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks