• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Wrecker has a (PLS) Trailer!

paradeduty

Yea!

Got a call that the Trucker with his lowboy trailer would be at my place tonight to deliver the trailer that I got for the HEMTT Wrecker to pull in parades, etc.! Excellent surprise. Wasn't sure if he was going to end up arriving some time tomorrow and scrambling up my work schedule - so this was great news! The trailer is in great shape (essentially new). This thing is cool - it even has a manual (air) parking brake engage/disengage control on it and an air operated drawbar lifting mechanism - works very neat!

We use our military vehicles mostly for parades, etc., and the wrecker is not much for "riders" like a cargo/troop carrier (which makes for huge fun). So, I was hoping to land one of these and add a 20' 5-Ton long wheelbase dropside bed to it (maybe dump-bed?) with the troop seats as a "party wagon".

Attached are some pictures.

Take Care, Dave.

Attachments

Last edited:

paradeduty

Thanks Guys.

This one I put straight into the barn to try to keep it from rusting needlessly in Michigan's unpredictably changing weather (hot/cold/humid/dry - all in the same day!) until I can get some of the nicks and scratches touched back up.

M1075

Those M1076 trailers are really sweet. I would suggest you look into getting a M1077 flatrack which you can use as a standard flatbed or you can also secure 20' containers on. You can also get a dump module for the trailer. With your M984 you could actually use it to haul and dump 20 yards of material! There are a lot of options with the PLS-T. Not many people have them or have a truck big enough to pull them!

Attachments

paradeduty

Hey Guys -

Thanks for the ideas and pictures - that dump module is cool!

Unfortunately, I do this for play and the equipment that I have is the equipment that I have. Which means that I really have no way to load/unload the flatrack (especially with a load on it) or the dump module. The Material Handling Crane on the M984E1 can handle quite a bit, but I don't think it could take something that big and heavy. I do already have a Deuce with a 17' military van body set up as a simple camper. I was planning on hopefully towing that to events with the wrecker. Remember - we mostly use the MV's for parades and shows, so how well they can be used with more "average" people (folks who do not yet have the green fever) is pretty important. Trust me, I appreciate the engineering and purposefulness of these rigs. But if that is as far as it can go in my little world (the REAL usefulness in my world for a 20 yard dump would be??? - the "want" part of the equation is a whole different story!) then it will end up as a barn ornament and that would be a shame and a waste. And this is only how it relates to usefulness in MY world - for others the story may be entirely different. If its not "fun" for family and friends without green colored glasses (yet) then it probably will not see much in-use time. FYI - anyone who loves gizmos that has not seen the "drawbar lifting mechanism" on these trailers just has to see it! Even the truckdriver who deals with this stuff everyday thought it was cool. It may even be easier to hitch up than a 105 (assuming the air is working!).

Take Care Guys.

M1075

Here are some other pics of PLS compatible loads. You can find many ways to use that trailer with the right equipment!

Attachments

deuceaid

Banned
YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!and I HATE YOU!!!!!!!! (mostly because your not my neighbor, and you live sooo far away from me)
oh,,, I feel like a little kid again ,,, looking at those big tires!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks