• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hemtt

Jones

You will also have to be very lucky and be in the right place at the right time as you'll also have to get between the military and Oshkosh with their "RESET PROGRAM". Oshkosh gets damaged HEMTTs from the military and does complete ground up restorations and upgrades then sells them back to uncle at a savings over a new HEMTT.
Makes those few HEMTTs that slip through the cracks pretty rare.

dieselwhale

I am in the purchasing process right now, it is a 1978 maz 537 from www.milweb.net , the vehicle is coming from Bulgaria and will arive in Charleston S.C., after it gets here I will start the transformation process. The hemtt is a very rare vehicle and it was easier to just buy one from another country and have it exported over here.

JohnnyReb

I hope you know the forum rules......... when you receive assistance of this nature, you must give every member who participated at least one ride in the finished vehicle. (you probably owe Bruce half a dozen!).

dieselwhale

Yeah I looked and a good refurbished hemtt was around $70,000 to $80,000, and like you said if it was in perfect condition I would rather have it in a museum not in the deep woods of North Carolina. But yes I love to work with metal, I couldnt build a wooden birdhouse, but I can cut,chop,grind,drill and weld somethng metal together. Could you see the pics of my recent projects or were they too small?

JohnnyReb

Got a "feel" for your project, but it the pics were too small to get alot of detail.

What is the schedule for shipping/arrival of your truck? I am in NE GA and I know some fellow GA SS and NC SS members would be interested in seeing such a machine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks