• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Her name is Madeuca

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In going through the paperwork left in the truck, I think I may have determined the name of the soldier that left the note. Would it be acceptable to try to contact him?

Apparently, Madeuca spent her last several years in service with Company C 634th Brigade Support Battalion (formerly Forward Support Battalion), Illinois Army National Guard. Here is a link to their website,

Company C, 634th Brigade Support Battalion, Illinois Army National Guard

I think a note or a call telling him where HIS truck ended up would be very nice.

scooter01922

Very cool story, i think all of us wish we had that kind of history on our trucks. +1 on letting the guy know what happened to his beloved deuce.

chill63

Just an update.

I found what I believe to be a good address for the soldier that left the note, unfortunately his phone # was unlisted. Looks like I might have to resort to snail mail to contact him.

As for the truck, she's still sitting down in Palm Bay with lavarok's trucks keeping her company. We were doing some troubleshooting today, and it appears that she has a bad injector pump.

Tibby

I am really curious about this, seeing as I live close to Springfield, but I can't get the link to the Guard site to work - cannot find server or DNS error.

spentshell

That is a cool story, good luck with the new truck. The only note I found in my truck was on the inside of the hard top. I cant repeat it but it was something like "AT91 creates vacumn on donkey penis". That was interesting explaining that to my 10 year old son. :oops:
Good luck getting in touch with the guy who wrote the note.

scooter01922

:oops: Thats freakin funny right there spentshell. Kinda surprised we don't see more "interesting" inscriptions in these trucks. Guys spent a lot of time with them and no doubt could have left something for the next owner just before it got turned in.

chill63

She's alive!!!

Lavarok and myself have spent the last three days trying to get her running. After going through all of the fuel system troubleshooting, reading SS posts, etc. We decided to pull the injector pump. When we pulled the front cover, the three bolts and the ring that hold the drive gear in place were sitting in the bottom of the case. The threads were damaged on the bolts, so I picked up some new hardware this morning. We put it all back together, set the timing and she fired right up.

She sounds great, and we even took her for a little spin around the block. I think she runs and drives better than my other truck.

Now that the hard part is done, I've got more time to work on contacting her previous keeper.

She'll be coming the rest of the way home shortly. :-D

chill63

Yes it is, but the new hardware did set me back $1.77 plus tax. :-D

Thanks for getting the phone # for Matt at Green Gems to us just in case.

Last edited:

chill63

She's finally home. Yesterday, I got a chance to drive her home from lavarok's place with Ian following in the M1009. She drives very nice and made the 40+ miles with no issues.

On another note, I'm 99% sure I found the author of the note on linkedin. I sent him a message on there, but I haven't received a response yet.

Here are a couple of shots of her at her new home.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks