• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here I go again new M1009

CPAPPY

Hey 84cucv1ton, on the two sides all I had to do is get the corner lifted and it pretty much pulled right off, it left a little glue around the outer edges , so I used PB blast and a razor scraper. Now comes the tailgate a different story tried heat gun it soften the decal but left behind the glue , so I tried PB Blast and a razor that worked really well no glue left behind . Some areas where very difficult to remove and I removed some paint doing it not so good .
The decals on the tailgate where just like the license plate sticker it had the silver material on the back side what a pain.

CPAPPY

Brush guard

Lookin Good CPAPPY!! Glad that brush guard is going to a good home. Let me know if you ever need a hand.

Hey Shay, Thanks again . I might have to take you up on that I think I might have torn something in my wrist , don't know how it could happen Ive been working on that 09 pulling out that axle and nothing. Open up the front door Sat. Morning in the house and felt or heard a pop in my wrist, now it is black & blue it has been 8 weeks since I had thumb surgery. Oh well repairs must go on . :p

CPAPPY

Cucv addict.

hey pappy! good looking truck, i knew you couldn't stop with these CUCV's!

David

Hello David , Thanks . I feel like Iam addicted to these vehicles ,its like vehicle crack. As far as a M1009 thats because of you, I really like what you have done to these 09 . I hope mine will turn out as good as yours , Im sure I will be asking questions . One right now is there a good place to get a complete seal kit for the blazer.

84cucv1ton

thanks, i tried 3m wheels in my die grinder to remove decals.. they dont hurt the paint. sure do hurt the paint... ill try it your way see how it goes..

what size tires are on you 08?

CPAPPY

thanks, i tried 3m wheels in my die grinder to remove decals.. they dont hurt the paint. sure do hurt the paint... ill try it your way see how it goes..

what size tires are on you 08?
Are you saying that the 3M disc didnt work , and it did affect the paint . I heard that that 3M disc worked well . As far as the M1028 they are 11R16 that are about 39" tall and only a 11" wide .

SpecWarSquid

Real sorry to hear that. Like I said give a hollar if you need anything.

Gotta couple questions for ya:

1. How do the rockers and inner rockers look?

2. Seeing as I also own a former FD vehicle (which you saw, sad as it is right now) I'm curious what the decal mid-quarter panel on your 09 said? I dig the tailgate reflective tape. But hey maybe that's just me. :mrgreen:

Thanks

Hey Shay, Thanks again . I might have to take you up on that I think I might have torn something in my wrist , don't know how it could happen Ive been working on that 09 pulling out that axle and nothing. Open up the front door Sat. Morning in the house and felt or heard a pop in my wrist, now it is black & blue it has been 8 weeks since I had thumb surgery. Oh well repairs must go on . :p

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello David , Thanks . I feel like Iam addicted to these vehicles ,its like vehicle crack. As far as a M1009 thats because of you, I really like what you have done to these 09 . I hope mine will turn out as good as yours , Im sure I will be asking questions . One right now is there a good place to get a complete seal kit for the blazer.

Hey Pappy, yep LMC is your best bet for the weather seal kits. They have the door and window seal kits and they are pretty good. The felt flocking on the window seals is kinda cheap but it works. the tailgate weather strip is expensive to redo the whole thing so try and reuse some of the old ones if you can. I just posted my new project on another thread. It's a 09.

David

CPAPPY

Just found time to get back on this M1009 , just degreased and pressure washed the underside of the blazer today. Here are some pictures of it today . Going to clean this one and sell it when I get done . Should be putting in some new metal Friday or Saturday around the passenger side wheel well. DSC_0172.jpgDSC_0177.jpgDSC_0176.jpgDSC_0175.jpgDSC_0173.jpgDSC_0172.jpg

CPAPPY

Here is some of the work I have done so far , degreased and pressured washed and sanded the fenders, hood and the doors then 2 coats of epoxy primer. Today I will primer the items with 2k primer. And last try to prime the cab with epoxy primer.View attachment 449091DSC_0181.jpgDSC_0182.jpgDSC_0183.jpgDSC_0184.jpgDSC_0185.jpgDSC_0192.jpgDSC_0189.jpg

CPAPPY

DSC_0216.jpgDSC_0193.jpgDSC_0195.jpgDSC_0200.jpgDSC_0196.jpgDSC_0199.jpgDSC_0213.jpgDSC_0210.jpgDSC_0211.jpgDSC_0219.jpg Good evening SteelSoldiers members, I have some more picture . I was able to prime the doors and the fenders with 2 coats of 2k primer and plan on sanding on Sunday and try to get them painted with one coat of green 2 coats on door hinge area, fenders sand and get a coat on of the green. Also in the morning I will get 2 coats of 2k primer on the rest of the truck. Today I cleaned and pressure washed the truck exterior and pressure washer inside and out and then got 2 coats of epoxy primer on.

Buzz

CPAPPY,
I get tired just looking at your trucks, lol. I know all that work and time it takes to do a restoration. You sure do good work.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks