• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here we go again with the H.O.A

ryan77

Hey Ryan....how bout I come up for a vist in the M927 and park it next to your deuce......I think your truck needs a "companion animal".

After they sat side by side the dude might just decide your truck isn't so big after all.rofl
That would be great! There's about 20 people that want to meet the legend!!! I have to buy something again so i can come down and visit! Maybe a 101a2 this winter!! That 927 makes the deuce look like a Ford Ranger size wise!!!

tbearatkin

Okay if they still insist then I would move it once a day. Either in the morning before I went to work or in the evening when I got home. Just a drive around the block and park it . It now has not set for more than 24 hours. It has historical plates you said, so I see nothing in the letter that would describe what you have parked there. Unless the HOA bylaws are more specific and the letter just gave a brief description. About the only time I see a reason for restriction is when it is because of the weight of a vehicle. Most city street just are not designed to have heavy vehicles drive on them constantly. I see it on the county roads around here near a new gravel pit the roads are breaking down from the constant weight of gravel trucks driving on them.

ryan77

Well i think i figured out who called, Guy across the streat! I drove by him in the deuce with the kids and waved to him and his wife! He gave me a mean look and shook his head. This guy cuts his lawn 3-5 times a week each time in a different angle, He one of those goofs that dress up like Lance Armstrong when he rides his bike, He also washes his car 3 times a week. I guess he doesnt like a big ole deuce burning waste motor oil and a guy who only cuts the lawn when it needs to be cut......aua

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, when I rode my bike a lot I dressed like Lance, a fat Lance but still............

;-)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
What's ironic about your situation is that if the snow was azzhole deep to a giraffe your neighbors would love the deuce if they needed to be pulled out of a drift.:roll::roll:

Nobody loves a soldier until the enemy is at the gate.

ryan77

What's ironic about your situation is that if the snow was azzhole deep to a giraffe your neighbors would love the deuce if they needed to be pulled out of a drift.:roll::roll:

Nobody loves a soldier until the enemy is at the gate.

Or they have a plumbing problem or their heat or a.c goes out! Then im their friend!!

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well i think i figured out who called, Guy across the streat! I drove by him in the deuce with the kids and waved to him and his wife! He gave me a mean look and shook his head. This guy cuts his lawn 3-5 times a week each time in a different angle, He one of those goofs that dress up like Lance Armstrong when he rides his bike, He also washes his car 3 times a week. I guess he doesnt like a big ole deuce burning waste motor oil and a guy who only cuts the lawn when it needs to be cut......aua
Call Steel Soldier "TheWeatherman's" Deuce into this......have him do drive by's every 15 minutes on Sunday mornings, honking his installed Nathan train horn...and let your neighbor know this will continue until they come to their senses. If not, plant 100 Pink Flamingo ornaments in your front lawn, paint the house orange, hang well lit disco balls from your trees.....and then ask again. I can go on.

I live in the Suburb next to you (Barrington)......and know exactly what you're going through.

Personally, I would find an ally or two....have them let the President of the HOA know under no uncertain terms that YOUR monies (HOA dues) are to be used for legal purposes for this petty stink. For once your neighbors (who could care less) know THEIR money is being used to fight this.....a new HOA President will be elected.

Good luck.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
rofl

The tern "Bonehead" comes to mind....

I do not live in a HOA, but I don't park at the house to avoid neighbor and city issues. I store my truck off-site only due to the fact I do not have extra storage. The driveway is to narrow and the street would be the only spot to use.

I agree with a previous poster in that you should take the truck around the block once a day to null out the 24hr. rule.

ryan77

rofl

The tern "Bonehead" comes to mind....

I do not live in a HOA, but I don't park at the house to avoid neighbor and city issues. I store my truck off-site only due to the fact I do not have extra storage. The driveway is to narrow and the street would be the only spot to use.

I agree with a previous poster in that you should take the truck around the block once a day to null out the 24hr. rule.

I take it out every night for a cruise! Thank god for the waste oil!!! She sucks fuel like a flame thrower.......

ryan77

Called Rick again no answer left message! I love it how they dodge your phone calls, I left a detailed message and no response!! He must be at the country club again!!!:grin:

panshark

what kind of strategy are you using against Rick & Co? Are you going to use guerilla tactics and passive aggression? Are you leaving the issue open for debate, or inviting debate? Shut this issue down in Round 1, or you're going to end up hurting yourself.

Many people have suggested getting a copy of your by-laws and reading through them. If you feel that the onus is on you to respond satisfactorily to the HOA's demands (as presented by Rick) then write a letter that says something to the effect of "We have attempted 5 times to contact HOA rep Rick via the contact information contained in his complaint letter, without response. Thus, if no contact is made to us from HOA or its representatives, then the complaint will be assumed to be filed in error, and we will be hereby exempted from sanctions from HOA on this issue, unless further complaints are presented both in writing and in person by the HOA president or other elected officer."

If this issue really worries you, then pay for the response letter to be drafted by an attorney. That sort of letter on an attorney's letterhead would say two things: "No means no!" (Like in the sexual harassment commercials) and it would show that you're not afraid to throw some money into professional support of your cause. You know how much money the HOA has in the coffers, but they don't know as much about your personal finances.

In order to shut this thing down for good, you might need to start attending HOA meetings, so that they don't try to pass motions to shut you down.

Either way, don't drag this out. Strike fast and hard to lay the issue to rest.

ryan77

Well i found a lot in Crystal Lake, Guy Charges $50.00 a month! Hes charging me $35.00 a month because im a Veteran and its a military truck!:grin: Its close i can walk or ride my bike so it will work out and everyone will be Kosher. The truck is a little sad but i told her i would get a 5 ton tractor to keep her company this winter.:shock:

Attachments

Blueduce

Looks like you found the path of least resistance. Good for you. If she's going to be kept in that spot for extended periods of time I would suggest investing in a good thick tarp to cover the cab and windows from the elements and bird doodie. Also find a small bucket of some kind to put over the exhaust stack to keep rain out. Just my2cents

ryan77

I drive it 4 times a week! Im going to fab up a cab locking system! And cover it for the winter

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well i found a lot in Crystal Lake, Guy Charges $50.00 a month! Hes charging me $35.00 a month because im a Veteran and its a military truck!:grin: Its close i can walk or ride my bike so it will work out and everyone will be Kosher. The truck is a little sad but i told her i would get a 5 ton tractor to keep her company this winter.:shock:
I gotta tell ya Sir...you prolly did the right thing considering, BUT...that poor truck just looks so sad sitting there.:(:(

I just hope you visit her frequently so she doesn't feel "discounted".

Attachments

ryan77

I gotta tell ya Sir...you prolly did the right thing considering, BUT...that poor truck just looks so sad sitting there.:(:(

I just hope you visit her frequently so she doesn't feel "discounted".

She will get driven 3-4 times a week! And im not a sir i work for a living!!!LOL :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks