• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey from Az

Kawgomoo

Banned
New guy here. Been lurking for a while. Getting to that point where my childhood dreams are at least within theoretical reach.

Moved here from Va, Ex DOD Shop 38 guy.

Just sayin Hey.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky, I just returned from 10 days in Scottsdale, nice weather, miss it already.
JC

Kawgomoo

Banned
Funny ive been missin the weather back east! {good thing the mountains are close here}

No MV's in the collection.....yet.

Gotta Fire Truck though.....that close enough to get me in? ;) I mean she WAS govt employee as well!

Daily Driver is an old pos Ramcharger i swapped a 5.9b Cummins into.

So in the world of impracticality..i feel like im kicking butt so far!

Kawgomoo

Banned
I was thinking about driving my firetruck over there just to get her out and stretch the legs a bit. but also Looking at picking up an ARFF saturday, maybe ill swing it through on my way home from the recovery? the arff was reportedly military 1st then civi fire dept. Id really love to find out what it is {i havent even seen it in person yet, when i go look its cash in hand!}

Anyhoo if anyone cares to bump elbows feel free to shoot me a pm. Always nice meeting like minded folks from around the way. I have a pretty decent home shop setup. Welding, machining, small parts heat treating, metal casting. that sort of thing. If anyone is ever stuck on a repair or cant find a part, im always willing to help! Its all strictly my hobby though. Im no master machinist! But willing to help out and dive right in. In the DoD i was outside machinist just meaning we worked on stuff too big to move into the shop. Anyone gotta problem with there Sea Whiz (ciws)? im your man! lol.

This is the fam on halloween. ;)

994938_10151646978627396_989031986_n.jpg

Kawgomoo

Banned
Youve got a tracked vehicle and you are avoiding playing in the snow!? INSANITY!!

Looks like it would be fun up there....for about a week ;)

Another Ahab

New guy here. Been lurking for a while. Getting to that point where my childhood dreams are at least within theoretical reach.

Moved here from Va, Ex DOD Shop 38 guy.

Just sayin Hey.
Welcome.

Where were you "was", when here was where you were, in Virginia?

Last edited:

Kawgomoo

Banned
Hey Ahab, Yeah i was born and raised in Virginia Beach. I worked at NNSY as did pretty much everyone on both sides my family for as far back as i can recall. Had to get the heck out and break the cycle!

But now i miss it.

Another Ahab

Hey Ahab, Yeah i was born and raised in Virginia Beach. I worked at NNSY as did pretty much everyone on both sides my family for as far back as i can recall. Had to get the heck out and break the cycle!

But now i miss it.
It's January. And you're in Phoenix. It could be a lot worse.

Maybe wait until late in July, when you wish you could hear the waves breaking on the beach. THEN you can think about missing it!

Kawgomoo

Banned
Oh man your cruel! Thats how it is too. I dread the summer here. Im a welder in an unconditioned shop cant even have a fan cause it will blow the shielding gas away!

But i tell you what. Id still rather be 250 degrees welding in shorts and a tshirt, then sitting in a berthed ship, below the water line in 30 degree weather...after walking the 2 miles from the parking lot to your dock in the freezing rain no less! Those days youd kill for someone to strike an arc and warm the place up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks