• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HF paint gun on sale now

JCKnife

Website shows it on sale for $15.99 but if you apply the coupon code (37035085) it drops to $12.99.

Scrounge41

Pressure pot the only way to go.
I definitely wouldn't try to paint the underside with a gravity feed gun. Pressure pot or airless if you are shooting the house paint. This also doesn't look like a true HVLP. But then again its $15 bucks. This gun is similar to my gun I used to do the edges/tight fade on the camo on my truck. Used my HVLP to to the truck in green and the field on the black and brown.

Attachments

JCKnife

Please don't turn this thread into a pissing match of equipment. I have 2 of these guns. For $13 it does what I'd want of it and more. Just sharing the sale / coupon.

bearboley

Its not a hvlp gun as advertised, but I have painted many of base clear semi truck paint jobs with these guns and they work great. Well worth the money for sure.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The guns JCK posted are great for spot painting, the pressure pots are great for whole truck painting and under surface work. Sounds like we are all offering help.

JCKnife

OK what's a pressure pot and how much do they cost?

I have every intention of painting my entire truck with the gun linked above. If I can save money / time with something else, post it up!

Thanks.

Scrounge41

The advantage of a pressure pot is that gun position doesn't matter so you can spray sideways or upside down which can be important on the underside of the truck. With a gravity feed gun you have to hold it so the reservoir is up. Also they can hold 2 1/2 gallons or more, rather than the pint that the HF gun holds so you don't have to keep refilling the cup. You can do a search and see any number of pressure pots available. Cost varies. It is possible to do your truck with the HF gun, but I would think it would be a pain. For a camo pattern I think it would be fine.

Flyingvan911

I used those cheap ones on my truck. It did a great job for a cheap gun and amateur painter. I did use it to paint the bottom. It works better full. Just watch your angles. I touched up with Rapco rattle cans. I thinned the liquid Rapco about 5:1 or so.

Attachments

harleyhouse

It is a great little gun for the money.
I painted my Hot Rod Red M101A2 with it and used Matthews Color plus clear.
Turned out great! I paint all my refab furniture with it as well.

I like it for Oil base paint, The latex was not to my liking.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK what's a pressure pot and how much do they cost?
It basically removes the paint "resevoir" from the gun, allows for a bigger one which is attached to the gun by two hoses. It makes the position of the gun irrevelant and allows you to paint longer without refilling. HF also sells them. :beer:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a good quality Devilbiss gun and pressure pot. It stays on the shelf and I mostly use the HF HVLP gun. They work fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks