• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi all, some random questions...

SomeWhatLost

Another random question...
Where can I find the dimensions of the instrument panel?
I tried searching here and just got some thread about an axle falling off a 5 ton...
I also tried searching google and found an interesting (but mostly useless) "Demonstration of Military Composites With Low Hazardous Air Pollutant Content" report...

There is obviously something horribly wrong with my search kung-fu...

SomeWhatLost

I am still looking for a deuce, and I am starting to think I live in the wrong part of the country...
it seems everywhere else people have access to either much nicer trucks, much cheaper trucks, or in most cases it seems both...
and shipping a truck across country is big $$ for some reason... to bad you cant just box them up and UPS them...

I am officially jealous of all the rest of you people...

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am still looking for a deuce, and I am starting to think I live in the wrong part of the country...
it seems everywhere else people have access to either much nicer trucks, much cheaper trucks, or in most cases it seems both...
and shipping a truck across country is big $$ for some reason... to bad you cant just box them up and UPS them...

I think that you are speaking of the, "Grass is greener, on the other side of the fence" syndrome. Its always that way, or maybe, often that way, but often too, you just have to pay your money, and take your chances!

Another Ahab

Another random question...
Where can I find the dimensions of the instrument panel?
I tried searching here and just got some thread about an axle falling off a 5 ton...
I also tried searching google and found an interesting (but mostly useless) "Demonstration of Military Composites With Low Hazardous Air Pollutant Content" report...

There is obviously something horribly wrong with my search kung-fu...
Likely somewhere in the TM, but if you're specific and float it here:

- Somebody might pull the needed dimension right off their truck and post it for you.

Are you talking the dimension of the 1) cut-out in the dash, or the 2) panel itself?

Last edited:

SomeWhatLost

Likely somewhere in the TM, but if you're specific and float it here:

- Somebody might pull the needed dimension right off their truck and post it for you.

Are you talking the dimension of the 1) cut-out in the dash, or the 2) panel itself?
Option #2

The TM is one of the first places I checked, but I did not see it, so either it is expertly hidden, or they did not feel it was worth documenting...

I just thought it may be fun to try and come up with a custom panel while I waited to find my next truck...

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Keep your eye out on GL for anything auctioned out of Ft McCoy in WI, or out of Indianapolis... You never know... Something might turn up. Sometimes they are runners and if you verify all fluid levels, brakes, etc AND have a "chase car" stocked with tools and supplies with a friend driving it, you just might be able to drive it home!

I got mine out of Ft Knox Kentucky, and, after checking it over thoroughly, plus having the aforementioned "chase car", I drove mine home myself. No troubles.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
hope this is the right place for this, I am a bit new here...http://ccsurplus.com/truck/522 read it again
Top speed is 50 mph, cruise speed is about 55 mph.
Do You need a hobby?
You came to the right place...................
Probably the best thing for everybody to do is sell all the stuff they have and go buy a NEW whatever they want and get on with life.
Just get a NEW whatever it is every few years. Oops, that's no fun.
But one way or another one will spend all their money, that is what it is for. Get whatever you want, this all here don't last long.
It ends as if something you got is good to you then keep it, or if it be bad get rid of it.
This is the USA. Enjoy

SomeWhatLost

Top speed is 50 mph, cruise speed is about 55 mph.

I was going to ask about that... But I thought it was some sort of MV magic or something and I didn't want to sound stupid asking about it...which now that I think about it, sounds kind of stupid?
Do You need a hobby?

everyone needs a hobby... preferably multiple hobbies... Life is to short not to waste it on amusing oneself with hobbies... :)

Looking through the classifieds here, anyone know anything about the blue M35A2?
It is cheap enough that I could get it now and worry about the blueness later...
but I am worried about if it can make a ~250 mile trip...
and it is blue... not to be superficial or anything, but I am not sure I want to drive a oddly blue truck of any kind 250 miles...

Why is it blue?

Another Ahab

Looking through the classifieds here, anyone know anything about the blue M35A2?
It is cheap enough that I could get it now and worry about the blueness later...
and it is blue... not to be superficial or anything, but I am not sure I want to drive a oddly blue truck of any kind 250 miles...

Why is it blue?

Sad.

Because you made it feel unwanted.

blues.jpg

rustystud

I was going to ask about that... But I thought it was some sort of MV magic or something and I didn't want to sound stupid asking about it...which now that I think about it, sounds kind of stupid?

everyone needs a hobby... preferably multiple hobbies... Life is to short not to waste it on amusing oneself with hobbies... :)

Why is it blue?

Air Force truck.

SomeWhatLost

So, while searching for something completely unrelated, I stumbled upon Engine Start Modules looks like an interesting idea...
use a bunch of super caps to run your starter... no more cold start issues with low batteries...
just curious if anyone has tried anything like that with their MV's?
note: I just linked to the Maxwell ESM as an example... but its not a great example as it has 2 major issues that I can see...

1. it is only 12V
  2. and OMG!!! the $$$$... my wallet hurts just looking at it..

but still, cool concept...

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

Wreckerman had one for sale that came out of a 5 ton a while back. I think he sold it though. I was interested in it but didn't have the cash, or really the need for it at the time.

SomeWhatLost

well, ran into a bit of money trouble (mainly the trouble is a lack of it...) so my dreams of a M35 are on hold...

also be floundering a bit and leaning more towards an M38A1....

I Like that with the M38 you can change a tire without needing a hoist....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While you're trying to save up money, you can brush up on your grammar, capitalization and punctuation(at no $ cost).

Here's a free hint, use just one period(.) at the end of a sentence.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks