• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi From The UK

Vulture

Hi Guys

Just stumbled across the SS site yesterday so I thought I'd join up.
Satisfied a long term ambition of mine in July 2011 to own a military vehicle with the purchase of a GMC CCKW 352b1. Busy trying juggle the demands of family and work (and available cash) with the need to do a light restoration on the vehicle.

Kind regards to all

Vulture

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cckw

You must smile every time you walk out your door. That is a beautiful truck.

Welcome to the obsession.

Your link ...... 1944 GMC CCKW 352 - 'A Short Drive Out' - YouTube ........ kept me from my responsibilities for hours because it ties in with hundreds of other CCKW links like this one

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NenoQBFwdTM&feature=related[/media]

The WW11 era trucks are held high in the hearts of many so thanks for sharing.

Do share some more detailed photos with us.......

Tahoe

Welcome and a very nice truck!

Any trouble with the local constables concerning a large truck with an "EXPLOSIVES" sign on it?:shock:

Tahoe

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hi Guys

Just stumbled across the SS site yesterday so I thought I'd join up.
Satisfied a long term ambition of mine in July 2011 to own a military vehicle with the purchase of a GMC CCKW 352b1. Busy trying juggle the demands of family and work (and available cash) with the need to do a light restoration on the vehicle.

Kind regards to all

Vulture
Yep, sure signs of ADDECTION ,

Welcome from GA.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site, I've seen your CCKW videos on youtube before, it's a beautiful truck.

Our small list of CCKW owners is growing!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We are getting enough UK members that we need a UK forum, just like the region forums, our UK brothers need to have a 12SSUKR (2012, SS, UK, Rally) :beer:

Vulture

There is no doubt that having a truck this age, means that every outing is a bit of adventure:
a) will it start ?
b) what will go wrong when I'm out in it?
c) will I make it home, or will I end up being recovered ? LOL :)

For those interested, here are a few postings of some of the things I've done with it since last year. Link

Kind regards to all

Vulture

johnh uk

Hello Vulture, great site here Mate:beer:

I have just been trawling Milweb, there is a 1944 CCKW literally 4 miles from me , banjo axles £5500 ovno what do you think ?

I guess I should see if its gear box is Johnh uk proof first !!:???:

Vulture

We are getting enough UK members that we need a UK forum, just like the region forums, our UK brothers need to have a 12SSUKR (2012, SS, UK, Rally) :beer:

Ron

There are a couple of largish road-runs, but the biggest Annual Event is the War In Peace Show which has 2,000+ vehicles. I've been a few time as a foot visitor. This year I'm thinking of taking the truck along, but the cost of fuel in the UK is so high at the moment (about $10 a gallon), that I have still to make my mind up, as I reckon it will cost me about $250 in fuel :(

Kind regards

Vulture

Vulture

Hello Vulture, great site here Mate:beer:

I have just been trawling Milweb, there is a 1944 CCKW literally 4 miles from me , banjo axles £5500 ovno what do you think ?

I guess I should see if its gear box is Johnh uk proof first !!:???:
Johnh

Is this the truck your talking about ? Link

Airborne tippers are v rare so it would certainly be worth checking out. Not a bad price. If you are serious, send me a PM, and we can chat on the phone :)

Kind regards

Vulture

johnh uk

Hello Vulture,

Wife caught me looking on Milweb, I may have to go deep under cover ! I may even be banned from going to Newark on Sunday to the militaria fair !

will log onto hmvf when the coast is clear:oops:

Vulture

Hello Vulture,

Wife caught me looking on Milweb, I may have to go deep under cover ! I may even be banned from going to Newark on Sunday to the militaria fair !

will log onto hmvf when the coast is clear:oops:
Johnh

I'm on the HMVF as well with the same Username :)

I'll be at Newark as well, although not for more than an hour, probably some time between 10 and 11.

What time are you arriving ?

Vulture

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks