• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi From The UK

johnh uk

Yes I hope to get to Newark bout 10.30ish, hopefully our local garages will have re-fuelled by then !!! the panic buying really cleaned us out ! and the two remaining garages put diesel up to £1.50 a litre ! Not Happy :evil:

Vulture

How about a link for HMVF, and one also for MILWEB, ThANKS
Opps, sorry Ron, I should have included links.

The Historic Military Vehicle Forum (HMVF) is the main military forum in the UK, although it does have members from all over the world.

MILWEB is the main sales site for vehicles in the UK.

Both are well worth checking out :)

Kind regards

Vulture

Vulture

Yes I hope to get to Newark bout 10.30ish, hopefully our local garages will have re-fuelled by then !!! the panic buying really cleaned us out ! and the two remaining garages put diesel up to £1.50 a litre ! Not Happy :evil:

Hi John
Did you make it to Newark ? I was there myself, but only had time for a quick 30min dash. Did you see the sign selling a GMC 353 ? I know the seller a bit, it would be a good purchase probably.
Kind regards
Vulture

johnh uk

Yes made it to Newark, didn't hang round for long had to get back home to prime up battery box for bella, old box rotten (held up well though) Got our first Military vehicle trust rally meeting 15th April at Centre of York City right next to Cliffords tower, so hope to get some good pics !

Forgot to add, I had gone to the show to try and buy an Air Cav and Airborne flag for our display at shows, last time I went there were loads, went this time and not one to be seen...unless I need new glasses ???

any ideas where I can get some from ?

cheers

John

Last edited:

Vulture

Yes made it to Newark, didn't hang round for long had to get back home to prime up battery box for bella, old box rotten (held up well though) Got our first Military vehicle trust rally meeting 15th April at Centre of York City right next to Cliffords tower, so hope to get some good pics !

Forgot to add, I had gone to the show to try and buy an Air Cav and Airborne flag for our display at shows, last time I went there were loads, went this time and not one to be seen...unless I need new glasses ???

any ideas where I can get some from ?

cheers

John
I'm afraid I've no ideas on traders who do flags, however there should be loads at War In Peace. Are you planning on going ? A thought occurs, have you looked on E-Bay ?

Kind regards

Vulture

johnh uk

Yes I will have to try fleabay I suppose, We won't make it to Beltring, we are really short staffed this year so can't get away that easy, I have really struggled to get time off to go to Salerno for our annual pilgramage to the landing beaches and visit my uncles old battlegrounds !

anyway we have a US Army , Marine Corps and ofcourse a good Stars and Stripes flag (not a cheap print) some thieving little so and so took our USAFE flag at a small show we attended last year, absolutely gutted, we got it from Mildenhall some years ago !

anyway will get searching !

cheers

John

zout

Welcome aboard from GA
Say hi to my friends in Sheffield - B/ham and a couple other places I am banned from that I cannot speak of.

Not to mention Ulm Germany.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks