• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High capacity drop hitch?

Ukraine Train

I'm getting ready to weld a 2" hitch to the cross member under the pintle and figure I'll need about a 10" drop ball mount. Most of the ones I'm seeing only have a 5000-6000lb tow weight rating. Draw-Tite has a 12,000lb model but it's only an 8" drop. Are there any 10" versions with a 10,000lb capacity?

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a great solution. I want to do the same thing on my LMTV to pull a 25 ft camper trailer, tongue weight only 500 lbs, and an 18 ft equipment trailer, tongue weight about 1000 lbs.

I have never used a 'cushioned' hitch. That is a good idea. My other hitches rattle badly on big bumps.

Etrailer is a nice company to deal with. My 2c.

Bob

oregonfirefighter

I use a GEN-Y rated at 21,000 2.5" shank various drops available. Mine is also a combo for a couple sizes + pintle!!!!!! It was just under 400 but worth every dime if you pull multiple types of trailers. You can vary the drop and size/style

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget, all of these big drop ball mounts put a lot more stress on you actual receiver hitch. Check with the receiver manufacturer to see if they de-rate their hitches after a certain amount of drop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks