• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High/low beams switch replacement

Gunfighter1

I was adjusting my headlights and switching between high and low beam when the turn signal lever stopped clicking and going in between high and low and is just stuck on low. What did i break exactly? The switch itself which i see is a relatively cheap part or the turn signal hi/low lever? Just want to order all the right parts the first time so i can fix it right. Never taken a column apart so not sure the exact parts and nomenclature that could be the problem. I'd rather fix it myself to and save the cash and learn how to do it than pay a shop to do it.

cucvrus

Easy fix. Just take your time. Remove the lower cover from the dash and the lower column cover from the cluster column. The swith is less then $20. and get be had at any parts store. You will encounter a close fitting tight area to work in. You only need a 3/8" socket and wrench and a 5/16" socket and wrench. take your time. And adjust the switch till it works smoothly. The rod can be taped to the column to keep it from falling out of the lever. good Luck. About and hour or so standing on your head and it's done. No really itis not that bad. Just very small fasteners to deal with. Take a picture so you know how it looks when it completed.

TGP (IL)

You don't take the column apart.
The switch is mounted to the outside of the column by the Ign. switch under the dash.
Follow the above post.
You can also search U-tube.
Many videos there detailing the process.
Tom

Gunfighter1

You don't take the column apart.
The switch is mounted to the outside of the column by the Ign. switch under the dash.
Follow the above post.
You can also search U-tube.
Many videos there detailing the process.
Tom
Great, thanks for the help you guys are awesome! My lower part of the dash that covers the column is already off, been that way for a year or so now. Do i need to drop the two bolts that hold the column up to the dash to get to it? Also is this the right part to replace? http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...,electrical-switch+&+relay,dimmer+switch,4340

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks