• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Historian help ?

dragonwagon

Im painting my duece with a color that is " late wwII " color . My question is this , being it is quite a bit lighter then the dark OD green did they still have the white star on the trucks when they switched to this lighter color at the end of wwII ?

Im painting it in sections . Sprayed the frame and wheels last night so here is a pic of the color . It is not much different from what was on it .

dragonwagon

Thanks , i did research this , found several photos on google but then i realized they are repainted same as mine , so was it orginal or just the owners choice !

dragonwagon

Of course you do know that your Deuce was not in WWII.

Yes im aware , Its a 71 .

I seen a couple trucks done in the dark semi gloss and just didnt care for the look so i picked this color . I do like the white star however . Apparently im not to far left field with this color and the white star/lettering .

dragonwagon

Now whats the pros and cons to using flat white and a stencil v/s vinyle lettering . Im sure the stencil is much cheaper . Paint more setting of the time the truck was used .

paint of stencil set ?

steelandcanvas

Now whats the pros and cons to using flat white and a stencil v/s vinyle lettering . Im sure the stencil is much cheaper . Paint more setting of the time the truck was used .
paint of stencil set ?
If the vinyl lettering gets scraped or damaged in some way, you have to buy a new one. With the paint and stencil method, any damage is corrected with a rattle can. Just my 2cents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks