• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Historian help ?

dragonwagon

Im painting my duece with a color that is " late wwII " color . My question is this , being it is quite a bit lighter then the dark OD green did they still have the white star on the trucks when they switched to this lighter color at the end of wwII ?

Im painting it in sections . Sprayed the frame and wheels last night so here is a pic of the color . It is not much different from what was on it .

dragonwagon

Thanks , i did research this , found several photos on google but then i realized they are repainted same as mine , so was it orginal or just the owners choice !

dragonwagon

Of course you do know that your Deuce was not in WWII.

Yes im aware , Its a 71 .

I seen a couple trucks done in the dark semi gloss and just didnt care for the look so i picked this color . I do like the white star however . Apparently im not to far left field with this color and the white star/lettering .

dragonwagon

Now whats the pros and cons to using flat white and a stencil v/s vinyle lettering . Im sure the stencil is much cheaper . Paint more setting of the time the truck was used .

paint of stencil set ?

steelandcanvas

Now whats the pros and cons to using flat white and a stencil v/s vinyle lettering . Im sure the stencil is much cheaper . Paint more setting of the time the truck was used .
paint of stencil set ?
If the vinyl lettering gets scraped or damaged in some way, you have to buy a new one. With the paint and stencil method, any damage is corrected with a rattle can. Just my 2cents.