• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmm..do you like low flying aircraft?....then here ya go!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Time for tuesday low flyer pics!
Lowdown32.jpg

I looked on youtube to see if this scene had been uploaded, but it has not. This is a scene from "A Bridge Too Far", from 1977.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Late 80's or early 90's (memory is not what it used to be) some General officer was having a birthday bash or reception of some kind at the Yakima Training Center in WA when a couple of F-14s out of Whidbey Island did a low level fly over. Pulled the tent up out of the ground and on top of the entire party. Would have been great to have a GoPro there :)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While this photo is of a Mitsubishi Aircraft International MU-300 "Diamond II", the basic airframe is the very same as the USAF T-1 "Jayhawk" Tanker-Transport Training System....

Low flight altitude in this photo is about 15-20'AGL (Above Ground Level), Airspeed about 200 kts...

1019-67-1-2.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No matter whether you're flying military, commercial, corporate or private aircraft weather is always on your mind.

This plane departed a U.K. Airport just ahead of an incoming TORNADO.....

RyanAir depart ahead of TORNADO.jpg

No matter how low (or high) you may be flying, cloud-to-ground turbulence associated with these storm systems will peg your Sphincter-Pucker-O-Meter at 100% every time.

Here's the link I harvest that pic from:
https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJ/status/500461504995803136/photo/1

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought mutt_kahuna's B-17 picture was an old in-service one, but the aircraft in the background are a Mirage F-1, a Fouga Magister, and a Jaguar. So, in France?

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks