• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmm..do you like low flying aircraft?....then here ya go!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Guyfang

Staff member
There is a real good book, titled "Uncovering Solviet Disasters" by James E. Oberg that has some intresting storys about the Soviet Space program, and how some of the cosmonauts got rubbed out. Facts, and storys. Good reading.

Oh, has anyone heard or seen any posts from Another Ahab of late? I have sent him a PM twice, and he hasnt answered. I dont think I have made him mad at me, so I am wondering.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahab last activities we're end of October....Pray he is well!! Maybe Chappy has further contact info......I too will drop a PM.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another Ahab is taking a break, overwhelmed, cool off time.
The story of ........
Will be back, takes time passing to alleviate.
FM
Yes, As of my last contact with Ahab, he is alive and well. He's simply taking leave of the SS Forums for a sabbatical as he sorts through some other priorities without this addictive distraction. I trust he will return in God's good timing.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's a good fellow, I do hope he returns. I wish him well with the other priorities, that he may get them sorted with a benevolent outcome.

Cheers

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
He's a good fellow, I do hope he returns. I wish him well with the other priorities, that he may get them sorted with a benevolent outcome. Cheers
From Another Ahab....12042017
"I'm not gone exactly, just busy with other stuff and I sure do appreciate the well-wishers please tell them so. I'll swing back in the mix one of these days, sure do hope everybody is fine!"

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not LOW, but YOUNG Flying Aircraft....

OK, so some video's just do not fit anywhere else. I'm taking some liberty with this one since the subscribers to this thread will most likely really appreciate it's content.

Here's a link to the article about this pilot.....

https://www.happiest.net/2017/11/28...er-pilot-hero-says-one-sentence-brings-tears/

And here's the video excerpted for y'all who prefer not reading, but just watching the video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2LfuVa94uE

Soar high, young aviator! Soar HIGH!!!

Guyfang

Staff member
There is a very informative article in the November issue of AIR and SPACE, concerning the A-12 aircraft, forerunner of the SR-71. No new secrets, but still a very good article. While the Black Bird is listed as the fastest air breathing aircraft in the world, the A-12 has long been unofficially known as faster and able to fly higher then the Black Bird. How fast? That's still classified. How high? That's also still classified. All in all, a good read if these birds interest you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks