• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV A2 Project

TedG

Flames! just kidding lol

The top grill has been removed and is to be painted carc black. The front bumper/winch plate is to be painted carc black as well. In the picture above, they had to redo part of the snout since the hood brackets were in the way. Easy repaint and it should all be done by now. I should have everything home by next Friday and then start populating the truck with goodies!

Thanks for kind words and once it is home and dressed, I post final pictures of this long thread.

TedG

Done!

After almost 2 years of turning wrenches, here is the final product! What a joy to drive. It is the fastest and most quiet of all hmmwv's I have had. We actually past cars on the interstate going up hill! Think Sammy Hager's "I can't drive....55"! If I am fortunate, I will drive it to the convention in IN and then to the GLMVPA Show in Clare MI . Unfortunately I cannot make it to Haspin :(

Spec's:
HMMWV ECV with large cooling stack, triple oil cooler, new 6.5TD engine, remote power steering reservior, 100amp dual voltage generator, 4L80E transmission with military TCM, 242 transfer case, 2.56 differentials, 12.1k hubs/half shafts, new 37" radials with runflats/bead lockers and 12 ss bolt rims.

Enjoy the pictures and thank you SS for letting me post another project here! Perhaps another mv project is in my future!

Attachments

ida34

I have seen this in stages in person. It is very cool. I am glad to see you got it done Ted. Did your other one get sold?

TedG

Thanks everyone. It was a challenging project. Now with this one done and one of my others sold (Thanks Ron), I now have floor space available in my shop for my M813A1 project!!!

Armada

[thumbzup] Congrats Ted!! What a great feeling to finish a resto! First class work! Now comes the enjoyment of driving it. :driver: Looking forward to the next project documentation.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow!! Super nice job! Looks like it just rolled off of the line, but much better. Can't wait to see it in person.

85-m1028

Man that thing sweet! It would almost be a shame to get it dirty!! "almost" :razz: Are you going to see how she handles out on the trails??

I am in the proccess of making my 97 H-1 drivetrain a mechanical set up, on my list is a mechanical waste gate and trans controller..

Would you happen to know where I can get a controller and harness for my trans and how much they go for? My injection pump is a db2 831-5209 and is wired for the milspec controller kick down. "I just need to change out to 12v solenoids"

TedG

85-m1028, Thanks. The military transmission control module (12vdc only) is on epay or g503 once in awhile as well as the harness. I don't know about the civi wire harnesses, sorry. I have many other vehicles to take on trails of Michigan so this will be a road truck for some of my travels...until the first carc scratch!lol

Thanks for comps!

TedG

The funny box was funny looking when naked on the frame but once the truck was finished, it looks awesome! my .02c

As with all my toys, this nice hmmwv can be had for $$$, pm me if any of you are interested.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
After almost 2 years of turning wrenches, here is the final product! What a joy to drive. It is the fastest and most quiet of all hmmwv's I have had. We actually past cars on the interstate going up hill! Think Sammy Hager's "I can't drive....55"! If I am fortunate, I will drive it to the convention in IN and then to the GLMVPA Show in Clare MI . Unfortunately I cannot make it to Haspin :(

Spec's:
HMMWV ECV with large cooling stack, triple oil cooler, new 6.5TD engine, remote power steering reservior, 100amp dual voltage generator, 4L80E transmission with military TCM, 242 transfer case, 2.56 differentials, 12.1k hubs/half shafts, new 37" radials with runflats/bead lockers and 12 ss bolt rims.

Enjoy the pictures and thank you SS for letting me post another project here! Perhaps another mv project is in my future!
Absolutely perfect!! Congrats Ted. Thanks for sharing this long journey with us. I can on hope my 925A2 turns out as nice.

TedG

Thanks Chris! I enjoy the thrill of the build and this one was no exception. Since this hmmwv, I brought up to snuff my M813A1 that is in my avatar and my M35A2C. I also upgraded my other hmmwv with high back seats, half doors and a new top!

papaydsailor

nice ! where did you get the half doors? im planning of changing my heavy armored doors and converting mine into special forces open top to make it lighter this coming summer.

TedG

papaydsailor,
There rear doors are military issue and the front I built using some parts from the rears. Basically, you buy two sets of rear doors, keep the best pair for the rear and strip the other set to populate the front. If you are interested, pm me and I will give you a contact that has several available.
Ted

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks