• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Side Marker Blinker System!

tgejesse

As you all already know... CAMO is always making super cool products!

Just when you thought he couldn't out-do the PDMGC ("box")... he created a product that turns your front side markers into blinkers!

This is an early prototype, and the new module works even during the day... so its even better than what you see here in the video.

Get yours quick before you end up on a waitlist! More info on camo's site: camoteksystems.com

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool Idea! I assume it would not make a difference if it was the led marker light instead of the incandescent?

I did not see anything on the website?

Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Will this work in the rear also?
Good question... Due to the design of the HMMWV wiring and our module logic the answer is YES with a NO-T recommended as it may confuse drivers. (you could do it)

The problem is the blind spot when adjacent motorist clears the rear bumper plane, and they want to just hang there in "lookie lue mode" at a time you desire to make a lane change. Turning from curb side lets pedestrians know too.

Now a blinking light doesn't give one the authority to make any move... But for a split second or three... signals your request as the BIG BAD HumV is up to something as seen from the side. Just like a Lexas or a cement truck. LOL

Driving requires everyone to pay attention. If a blinking light saves your bacon... we think it's worth it. Plus cool factor.

Wait till you hear our new electronic HumV horn in engineering - design now, CAMO Google it > Camoteksystems

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was finally able to install my CAMOTEK blinker modules yesterday. Was a delay because I had to first replace the side markers as they were all badly corroded! I hadn't realized 3 of my 4 side markers were dead. Not burned out bulbs dead but corroded past the point of salvage dead.

I found a great price on some Grote markers, probably because they are halogen and not LED (2-3 times the cost for LED). If anyone needs side markers in a hurry (2-day Prime shipping) I recommend these. Just have to hit them with flat black first. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CMH2Z2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details (Sadly they are made in China, but I wanted something fast to get my blinkers working. Safety first. Can take my time finding better markers and get safety + longevity.)

The blinkers work perfectly and installation was a breeze. Hats of to CAMO!

Bulldogger

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I missed this post back in July, but it's a good idea. On my RX-8 same problem. On the side you couldn't tell someone had the blinkers on. A quick wiring change (since side blinker is required in Japan), and suddenly people can see you are making a lane change, turning a corner, etc. A lot less "close misses" after the mod then before. I'd assume the same for the HMMWV.

Good job!

sf1954

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just installed the Camotek side blinker system. It was "super easy' and works great. If it prevents 1 accident, it is worth cost. Highly recommend to everyone.

M1165A1

I had independently figured out this "no flashers from the side" thing was a safety issue and was about to wire up some pigtails to bridge the markers into the flasher loop.

When I saw this thread I called Cam and ordered one - for the $110 it's a deal. Really well put together and easy to put in. I ordered on a Tuesday, and installed the kit in the HMMWV yesterday (Saturday) and works like a charm.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
I had independently figured out this "no flashers from the side" thing was a safety issue and was about to wire up some pigtails to bridge the markers into the flasher loop.

When I saw this thread I called Cam and ordered one - for the $110 it's a deal. Really well put together and easy to put in. I ordered on a Tuesday, and installed the kit in the HMMWV yesterday (Saturday) and works like a charm.
Thanks guys for the reviews and reporting here. It's easier than "IKEA" furniture and more fun to see in action.

Get yours now. Be safe, be seen, CAMO at Camoteksystems.com

Swfb

Is it also possible to have the both blinkers to blink at the same time? (One side offcourse)
I would like to buy them, only in the Netherlands it is not allowed to blink like the current setup.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Is it also possible to have the both blinkers to blink at the same time? (One side offcourse)
I would like to buy them, only in the Netherlands it is not allowed to blink like the current setup.
Not really if one analyzes whats needed to happen... simple logic.🤔

Day time yes. Marker follows turn signal. Night time the marker is all ready on ;) So to signal, it needs to go off, when the forward lamp is on during the brief blinking cycle. Very EYE catching.:roll: Can't turn already on... ON ?(y) Not recommended for the rear, but it was suggested LOL.

There are some rules here too, BUT HMMWV's / Surplus / NHTSA / State laws are a can of worms I will leave shut. AND here come the fishermen.

I would say buy and be done with it. Everybody needs one. Comes left and right to a kit.

I need a off shore salesman, CAMO

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Day time yes. Marker follows turn signal. Night time the marker is all ready on ;) So to signal, it needs to go off, when the forward lamp is on during the brief blinking cycle. Very EYE catching.:roll: Can't turn already on... ON ?(y) Not recommended for the rear, but it was suggested LOL.

There are some rules here too, BUT HMMWV's / Surplus / NHTSA / State laws are a can of worms I will leave shut. AND here come the fishermen.

I would say buy and be done with it. Everybody needs one. Comes left and right to a kit.

Europe takes their automotive laws seriously. By all means, sell your stuff. Just don’t misrepresent it. Europeans can get in serious trouble. Motor laws and enforcement there are…. different.

If he says it’s illegal, then you need to respect that.

springer1981

Are they clearly marked Left and Right? :LOL:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks