• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Utility Truck

Lawrence of Arabia

I saw this in my travels and had to take a picture. I work on truck mounted man lifts for a living and had never seen one mounted on a HMMWV. I was told there were 12 built. We actually did an inspection on it for the guy and it appeared to be put on by the boom MFG. At first sight I thought someone must have butchered a HMMWV in their back yard to install this lift, but it was all well built and properly mounted.

IMG_4459.jpgIMG_4460.jpg

cbear

Originally AM General offered bare bones Hummers for commercial offroad applications such as logging, power line work, etc. While not cheap, they were 1/2 the price of a GM bling Hummer.

nattieleather

If you have to change that utility pole light out in on the back 40 and a regular lift truck might not make it then this is the vehicle for you. I would have to think that the 6.2 non-turbo (which I'm making the assumption that it this is) would be a dog with all that added weight on the back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks