• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Utility Truck

Lawrence of Arabia

I saw this in my travels and had to take a picture. I work on truck mounted man lifts for a living and had never seen one mounted on a HMMWV. I was told there were 12 built. We actually did an inspection on it for the guy and it appeared to be put on by the boom MFG. At first sight I thought someone must have butchered a HMMWV in their back yard to install this lift, but it was all well built and properly mounted.

IMG_4459.jpgIMG_4460.jpg

cbear

Originally AM General offered bare bones Hummers for commercial offroad applications such as logging, power line work, etc. While not cheap, they were 1/2 the price of a GM bling Hummer.

nattieleather

If you have to change that utility pole light out in on the back 40 and a regular lift truck might not make it then this is the vehicle for you. I would have to think that the 6.2 non-turbo (which I'm making the assumption that it this is) would be a dog with all that added weight on the back.