• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV's for sale, no longer maybe, it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim292stro

I never understood the no armor sales to citizens thing, body armor and in reality armored cars can be had by any citizen who is not a convicted felon or a resident of Connecticut (and soon NY). My view is if the taxpayer paid for it, and they are in good legal standing, they should be able to buy it too.

Still with the high $$ HMMWV going for $41K, it's a fair bit cheaper than an H1 (unless it's been "butchered" by the previous owner) - and even when limited to off-road (which I still don't get and am not going to argue) - it's more likely to be used for what it was designed for than D.J. S&M taking his honey's to the local night club for a drink... :beer:

I find myself hoping I'm going to see some of these trucked in to a nearby military vehicle convention some day, which would indicate that miltary vehicle collectors got a few of them. I'm sure other companies bought a few for field work.

gem1410

Glad to see other guys paying all the money---I was at the Atlanta Humvee sale years ago--Live at the Bishop Brothers Auction--as is-where is--runners doing 20k plus--------non-runners doing $16800 ( my purchase ) to $20k------Guys always seem to pay more at auction then they would pay on the street---

infidel got me

Just look at all those houses the construction boys can build with their new off road vechicles.

Remote area ----- LOOK OUT----- Hey,how many sheets of plywood will fit in a hummer anyway?

Last edited:

Powershift

A military collector buddy and I were watching the auction today, shaking our heads. You can buy registered, tagged, HMMWVs for most of those prices. We're really hoping that with so many more to be sold, the "newness" of the auction frenzy will eventually die down, and the prices will come down to an appropriate level in future auction sales.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The first deuce I bought in 2008 cost me 2800 bucks......a very nice truck with winch, hard top and loaded with OVM. A few years later, when the government started dumping them on the market, I was buying good running trucks for 1000 bucks.
I foresee the same thing with the HUMVEE's......there's a butt load of them out there and GP has the contract to sell them. Unless they constrict the market by releasing them a few at a time the price is going to drop.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Their business / marketing sense would seem to imply that they may have a clue about how to manage demand.
There's other factors too. They have a contract with the DOD. In the contract they have requirements to list vehicles in a certain time. If DOD says "here's 100,000 truck you need to list", they're not going to be happy if they tried to say "we'll list 20 at a time".

rory1919

for a toy like this i would likely have a limit at around $5000... maybe a little more. I prefer the big trucks over the hmmmv anyway but man to not be able to drive it.....30k is out there.

maybe they should start selling them with trailers to tow them!

rory

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto: I set my limit at $4-5K as well so I'd have extra cash to put towards missing parts. The HMMWV cab gets REALLY HOT if it doesn't have the insulation blanket installed over the center tunnel. I rode in a July 4th parade in my friend's slant back. The truck was immaculate, but it wasn't insulated. The floorboards must've been about 200 degrees. The air temp was in the mid-90's plus humidity, and sitting in the cab was almost unbearable. If these trucks that just sold don't have the insulation blankets, I suggest that the new owners install something to keep them from roasting!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It'd be interesting to know how many buyers there were for the 25 sold.

Maybe one person bought them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.