• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV's for sale, no longer maybe, it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dAngus

Possibly a more believable scenario is, when the Federal government realizes that someone bought one, circumvented local DMV laws, and either gets hurt and sues the government & the manufacturer or, performs a major crime utilizing one, then they may say "whoah", we messed up and must take them all back from the public.

That is how I expect it to go.

It's easier(not necessarily effective though) to eliminate the vehicle, than it is to regulate and control it. Think about weapons...

I can see NY coming up with a new law, the Humvee Safe Act. Only ok to own it if we remove 6 cylinders? And possibly also, must paint the front end fluorescent orange.
ON the other hand, maybe they realized, it is easier to stop a HMMWV in the commission of a crime, than it is to stop a 5 ton. [thumbzup]

Thus the HMMWV sale...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thread title pretty much says all we currently know.

What more is there on topic?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh look, ah laser!

Bright lights...

blhar15

Still awfully risky with that hold harmless agreement and no title. All though there are states that will issue a title so long as you have a bill of sale and the physical vehicle with a SN.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still awfully risky with that hold harmless agreement and no title. All though there are states that will issue a title so long as you have a bill of sale and the physical vehicle with a SN.
I'm willing to bet the Bill of Sale will clearly state "Off-Road Use Only , Do Not Title."

mich6212

I was looking over the auction site and noticed something odd with the date and time. Can someone help explain this? so, the auction is only going to be live for 5 minutes?

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing odd about it. Just like a live auction. That is how it works. You can prebid, but the actual auction is only 5 minutes. If there is a last minute bump the auction will extend a couple of minutes.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's been mentioned a few times in the thread already. But I predict $20-30K each. We certainly know they're going to me more than $10K from what some mentioned they've bid already in the blind bid. (And been outbid)

PaulTheGaul

It's been mentioned a few times in the thread already. But I predict $20-30K each. We certainly know they're going to me more than $10K from what some mentioned they've bid already in the blind bid. (And been outbid)
I saw the bickering, so I went ahead and just asked to get an answer.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If there was no euc requirements I think you would see a lot of overseas bidding. Especially since IP/GP has a worldwide audience. I think the no title offroad only requirement will hurt the sales in the US. I would bet the bidding does go high but overseas buyers will be declined on the EUC process and over time prices will come down. You will have certain dealers buying them up for export if the prices are right so that might set a floor. Just like with the M939 trucks though, when the market gets flooded prices come down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks