• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Home from Aberdeen

CGarbee

Yep, was wondering whose the guys borrowed. Found it in the toolbox today when I was unloading the truck.

Shoot me your address and I'll get it back to you ASAP.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are the obligatory photos to accompany Kenny's report of my unexpected stop. After 1140 miles (and only 30 left to go), I detected a strong and sudden smell of diesel fuel. I looked out at the driver's side fender, and it was soakin' wet.:(

BTW -Thanks Kenny for watching out for all of us.

Attachments

CGarbee

I broke a high pressure line on my M35A2C last year when driving down to Monroe, NC to pick up some parts... Truck was missing a couple of the anti-vibration clamps and one of the lines (to number five cylinder) cut lose right at the tip in the hydrualic head. First I knew about it was that big smell of diesel, acompnied by a chuffing noise and a real drop in power...

Got mine fixed by swiping a new line and the anti-vibration clamps off a parts M36 that a buddy (the guy I was going to see) knew about not far from his place...

Glad to hear that you got your rig back in action without too much trauma. :)

Westech

CPL
Goodto see you made it Jeff. I had diesel leaking at 3 injectors and still have a good leak at the pump area.. think its the lines also. the clips are a must! I dont have a single one on mine... think its time to put some on

Armada

I wanted to tell you how nice your truck looks Jeff. You sure did a lot of work on it, and it shows. I love the 'dumpers'. They are not very common at all. Nice work.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westech said:
Goodto see you made it Jeff. I had diesel leaking at 3 injectors and still have a good leak at the pump area.. think its the lines also. the clips are a must! I dont have a single one on mine... think its time to put some on
Glad to hear you made it home too Rich. I know when I separated from you guys in Columbus, it got awfully lonely for those last 120 miles. I can't imagine how you felt on your longer solo journey.

It sounds like we both should be installing some of the missing injector line clamps before Haspin!!! I think my good buddy Todd Haley is already collecting some for me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armada said:
I wanted to tell you how nice your truck looks Jeff. You sure did a lot of work on it, and it shows. I love the 'dumpers'. They are not very common at all. Nice work.
Thanks for the kind words Paul. I still have plenty more to do, but the positive comments sure are motivating. That's a nice 1009 and trailer you have also. . . . glad that you and Don could join us on the convoy. BTW, how did the drive-by video from the Pennsylvania exit ramp turn out?? Any chance you could share it???

Armada

Hey thanks Jeff! Yeah the video turned out good. It was cool with you guys blasting the horns as you went by. I really don't have a way to post it, but I could probably make a CD and send it to somebody to extract that portion out. Any suggestions?

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Armada said:
Hey thanks Jeff! Yeah the video turned out good. It was cool with you guys blasting the horns as you went by. I really don't have a way to post it, but I could probably make a CD and send it to somebody to extract that portion out. Any suggestions?
Paul,

I'd be glad to give it a try- I have some video editing software. I'll send a pm with my mailing address. Thanks!

I had a line crack right above the ferrule where it comes out of the pump. Happened last Memorial Day weekend. Had a heck of a time finding a replacement ferrule. All the truck part places were closed and the auto parts stores didn't have a clue. Ended up at a Allis Chalmers tractor dealer who had them on the shelf. Repaired the line and then reinstalled the tubing clips that I had taken off when doing the head gaskets earlier. Love the smell of diesel in the morning......

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Do did anyone ever edit that convoy video? I know Ferro has some, but it needs to be digitized.m

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Clinto,
I had to buy a program to copy it off my film based (I know, I'm living in the dark ages) video camera to the computer. I will cross it over if the program ever gets here...

Sad thing is, I didn't take nearly as much video as I thought, or wanted to take.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks