• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood scoop to radiator shrouding

valkrior

I also wanted to get my mech fan to run less - super loud and draws a noticeable amount of power - works great through. So, I mod'ed up a hood scoop that you can see from my pictures. The slope of the radiator, and the hood just aren't conducive to directing air through the radiator in stock form. The scope I built made a huge difference, now, I can be running 55mph and unless its sunny and 80s, it won't heat up to 210 even. Its got to be mid-80s and up before I'll start to bump 220, which is when the mech fan pops on. It works too well in the winter, I can't get it to heat up above 165 if its in the 40s or below, even driving 55-60 (which is winding out my 3 speed). I eventually pulled the mechanical fan and put in a electric fan - it doesn't move air like the mech fan (which could launch a Cessna), but it works great with my setup. Between the scoop and the electric fan, it will hold at 220 running 55-60mph on the hottest days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks