• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn Button/Steering wheel

Bdhminnesota

I am going to replace my steering wheel and am scared to rip the horn button when I do. Does it just pull out? I took the clip out and it feels like its seated in there pretty tight.

Valiant

The horn button is easy to take out. The steering wheel is a lot harder. I finally got it off after going through a few different pullers, but then could find an adaptor to fit! I have seen pictures of momo aftermarket steering wheels but not sure if they have one for the military Humvees. The one I got didn't fit right and I didn't want to mess with he spindles so ended up stitching a new wrap on the old steering wheel and adding metal strips to the three spikes. it cost 10 bucks and I don't have to worry about the steering wheel chipping off!

Action

The button slides into a terminal connected to a short wire. If that contact is wedged or the wire is hung up, you will have to pullk it out. Once the button is out, you can get a hold of the wire end with needle nose pliers.