• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn Button/Steering wheel

Bdhminnesota

I am going to replace my steering wheel and am scared to rip the horn button when I do. Does it just pull out? I took the clip out and it feels like its seated in there pretty tight.

Valiant

The horn button is easy to take out. The steering wheel is a lot harder. I finally got it off after going through a few different pullers, but then could find an adaptor to fit! I have seen pictures of momo aftermarket steering wheels but not sure if they have one for the military Humvees. The one I got didn't fit right and I didn't want to mess with he spindles so ended up stitching a new wrap on the old steering wheel and adding metal strips to the three spikes. it cost 10 bucks and I don't have to worry about the steering wheel chipping off!

Action

The button slides into a terminal connected to a short wire. If that contact is wedged or the wire is hung up, you will have to pullk it out. Once the button is out, you can get a hold of the wire end with needle nose pliers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks