• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn Issue

Typhus Concussion

Okay my horn was working and not isn't. Looking for some advice, here is what I've done so far.

1-checked the grounds that I know of
2-checked horn connections at 25a and 26s
3-checked the brush control, good
4- replace horn button
5- check for continuity from the button to the column
6- checked the horn straight to the battery, good

I'm at a bit of a lose at the moment. Trying to trace the 26a wire but I can't find where it comes into the cab of the truck. What else am I missing?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Action

One horn wire is always hot. The ground wire goes to the horn button. The steering column has a ground wire. When you bush the button, it sends the ground to the horn and it sounds.
Oh, you have to have the light switch turned on. That would be sad if you did all that and all you had to do was turn on the lights....

dilvoy

There is a small bushing that is located between the horn button electrical connection and the wire connection that exits through the steering column shaft. If it is not there, your horn will not work.

Typhus Concussion

Yes I bought a 24volt electric air horn because the other one sounded like a clown horn. That horn works off of the battery, so I assumed it was a line issue

tage

I don't think those ******* SOBs can hear GD thing when they're blasting their music.
Hmmwv horn is on par with the General Lee's Dixie horn. In fact that should be my next upgrade on the m1038. :naner:

Typhus Concussion

There is a small bushing that is located between the horn button electrical connection and the wire connection that exits through the steering column shaft. If it is not there, your horn will not work.
Dilvoy, I have the brass bushing and the rubber bushing, maybe I'm not putting Them back together properly. I don't see a picture with both bushingso together, do you have one?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks