• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Houston area roll call....

CanonNinja

ww2mbjeep said:
Patrick and Ken, that starbucks aint far from where I took the Humvee mudding sunday. If I can talk my mom into letting a bunch of dueces follow me back to the back pasture, we could really make a big splash on the Sugar Land city council. Maybe we could take kens 113? Yall in?
I'll be damned.. Kirk made it :lol:

I'm in for a Sugar Land Town Center Convoy

sailor2000

Hmmm.. a flock of Deuces stuck in the mud in the back 40??? I'm thinking a convoy to Starbucks is enough ruckus for this old man at the moment!!!

CanonNinja

i wonder if i can get permission from the city for a "meet" of OD iron... about 2 months ago the local corvette/mullet club had a meet with vettes all over the property and area around the fountains infront of city hall (20 yards from the starbucks in question)....

OL AG '89

let's have a get together, the weathers fine

I realize this is an old post but I still haven't found the secret to the map.. to locate other nearby MV owners

O.K. the weather is just warming up, it's a Texas thing, but I keep drivin around the Kingwood area hoping to see another MV, but none yet.....:cry:

Anybody up for an impromptu gathering one weekend in the near future?

we have a great place to park the biguns and the littleuns...... TownCenter park in the heart of Kingwood, with a couple of great places to eat and drink an adult beverage. you can even bring the kids and wife/girlfriend/significant other.....

anybody up for it?

runk

Sure, I'd be up for it. Even though it's hot, I'm trying to drive the Deuce at least once a week. Just took it to my 25th (!) high school reunion picnic.

Oh, and I'm 77004, about 8 blocks from Herman Park (1.5 mi from Downtown).

Way to revive an old thread !

OL AG '89

LEt's sit around and tell lies about how good we had it in the Army....

O.k. I think there are several MV commando's that are interested in meeting.
I propose this Sunday around noon, at TownCenter Park in Kingwood, TX. 77339
Cross streets are Kingwood drive and W.Lake Houston Pkwy.
There are couple of good places to get a cool adult beverage and GREAT parking for the dueces and 5Tons..... People may stop and stare..... but that's not a bad thing.
I'll bring the M1009
Anybody up for this PM me.

cvenema

Thinking about a Duece

In the Spring area, just east of The Woodlands and looking at getting a duece. Can anyone guide me on insurance, registration and if I need a CDL in Texas to drive it on the road?

thanks,

Charlie

cvenema

Thanks Alan, great information there on the registration process. Trying to convince my buddy that a CDL isn't required. I have heard this before, but he insists that because of the load bearing capability that you need one. Is is because it is a FMV that we are exempt or some other thing? Any light you can shine on this to show him the way would be much appreciated.
:smile:
Charlie

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks