• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How about a California Steel Soldiers Rally at a great spot?

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We used to do a lot of camping in Truman meadows, would love to try and get the 813 up there.
Thanks for being another interested party. Truman Meadows is 41.8 miles North of Bishop on Hwy 6 and is right on the border of the Calif. and Nevada state line. It is a pretty place. (See picture attached)

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bishop M V event

BISHOP CALIFORNIA EVENT FOR A CASUAL MILITARY VEHICLE
MEET OPEN TO ALL WHO WISH TO PARTICIPATE.

Author removed the majority of this this post as it served no purpose:

Anyone interested in suggesting a date for this event and the duration (weekend, fourdays, etc.) please do so.
A date needs to be settled upon so I can arrange for OPTIONAL activities such as, Shooting Range accessibility, etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi jerrysegalla,

I am hoping the response will be as good as yours so I can get this off the ground.Thank you for your remarks.

Gordon

Last edited:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like the idea, not so sure about the time of year. May not be hotter than **** in Bishop, but to get there 3/4 of my trip would indeed be hotter than ****. Not even sure if I could get out of the Coachella Valley without blowing up my truck in July. Definately like the idea though.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like the idea, not so sure about the time of year. May not be hotter than **** in Bishop, but to get there 3/4 of my trip would indeed be hotter than ****. Not even sure if I could get out of the Coachella Valley without blowing up my truck in July. Definately like the idea though.
Totally agree with you that summer does not cut it. Looking at other dates to consider.

mudman

Man I would love to come down to Bishop. It's only 3 hours away. We have nothing here in Northern Nevada, as far a groups go. Let me know what's up, or keep it posted!!!

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're interested. That's the time we head up the ES's. In fact we will be rolling our caravan out of here in about 10 days.
- Badcarp, you can do it, we do. Just keep the windshield open, roll at 2300 and all will be good :)

WC43

How about a run up to Coyote flats, whats kind of shape is the road in? Have not been up there in thirty years or so.
Has there been any ideas on a date yet?

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a place to go on a convoy? Like a dry lake bed... and find random stuff on the lake bed? :D
There are a lot of dirt roads that run from Bishop out into the open country. There is a dirt road that goes 50 miles from Bishop to Lone Pine. The only big dry lake is Owens Lake which can swallow vehicles because it has a crusty top with all all slushy mud underneath.

I have often taken off in my deuce and cruised around on the dirt roads that go off into the open spaces around Bishop and Big Pine ( Big Pine is 12-15 miles south of Bishop). I have found bldg. foundations, old paint ball combat sites, closed up mines near Lone Pine (lone pine is 48-50 miles south of Bishop) , and the usual stuff you find on dirt roads in open spaces.

There are some interesting places right in the Bishop area and also within a 20 to 50 mile radius. Near Bishop, there is Sabrina Lake, North Lake, South Lake, LAWS railroad town, Buckley Ponds, The Buttermilk Mountains, the Owens River and more.

Last edited:

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about a run up to Coyote flats, whats kind of shape is the road in? Have not been up there in thirty years or so.
Has there been any ideas on a date yet?
It is reccommended to use four wheel drive vehicles for the Coyote flats road. The road conditions have varied greatly in the last few years. A scouting party with a four wheel drive jeep would have to go out ahead of time and survey the raod conditions to determine if it is usable for the deuces, jeeps, weapons carriers and so on in a convoy to the flats.

A date has not been set yet. Input from those interested is needed so I can see if we can arrange for discounts (if any), use of the local gun club range for plinking, establishing a convoy thru Bishop to Millpond and then to a space where you can show off your vehicles, your displays, or your new tie to the local citizenry for 2- 4 hours (All voluntary and based upon those interested. This will be eliminated if so desired by those interested).

Also need input to determine whether to make camping arrangements at Brown's Town immediately North of the City of Bishop or at Browns Mill Pond area a couple of miles south of the City of Bishop or use whatever lodging you wish.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks