• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How are you storing your Deuces? (Plural)

ARYankee

Mine sits oh so pretty in the back yard along with it's trailer. I'd love to get more because I still have some space back there :)

Marlboro

when i first got my deuce i was nervous about bringing it home cause i live in a middle class development with about 60 homes on 1/2 to 1 acre lots.. to my surprise most neihbors love it and have asked me to give there kids rides,which i gladly do... most seem happier now that i got rid of my whislter deuce and got a dturbo truck. even uprooted a tree with the winch for a guy a few houses down from me.

Parker2

I waited till the middle of the night and drove mine into the back yard and covered it with a tarp. The back has a privacy fence. It was back there for four years and I never heard a word. I live in a deed restricted area also.
Now I have a new shop for my business and I moved it over there.

2027Deuce

I don't really store them, I drive one to work one day every other week and keep rotating which one I take. I also drive in alot of local parades. Something is wrong when there are no deuce tracks around my place.

srodocker

thats cool...now that i have my new job and getting money in now is the question...where am i going to store it...i might ask a couple local guys with some MV's if they have some room :)

comanderfritz

my neighbors made me move mine from the back yard. they called it a recreational vehicle/ semi truck and said it was against the neighborhood associations bylaws. they already hate me cause i drive to fast and im always carrying guns in and out of the house. not to mention a few have seen me on the way to reenactments in full german uniform..... anyways they love me and told me it had to go. so now it sits at the business behind the dumpster...:cry:

wsucougarx

Well, after more than a year after first starting this thread it dawned on me. I forgot to get my pics up here. Here is how I am storing my hardware....hmmm, I still have room for a couple more trailers and at least one or two deuces:wink: The very last pic is what my wife see's every morning when she looks out her favorite kitchen window. At first it was an eyesore to her but now she's use to it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jinx

Beautiful trucks sir!

I see you place a can over the exhaust stack as well. I just learned about doing that myself. I started Goliath the other day without doing that and blew black sooty water everywhere. lol

wsucougarx

Thanks Jinx! My plans are to repaint the 3 color CARC'd truck. After looking at the pics I guess she doesn't look too bad. The '86 in the backyard does need some serious paint however. Too many truck, too many projects. I would like to convert one of them to a Vietnam era gun truck. Great, just added another project to the already long list:roll:

velociT

My HOA is all hissy pissy over my deuce in the driveway.

Oh well, their guidelines clearly state pickups ok, no rv's or buses.

Not my fault their rules don't fall in line with their tastes.

wsucougarx

I store them in the snow, keeps the paint from fading. Build the Gun Truck, then there will be 12 of us. Apostles of Freedom
I love that "Apostles of Freedom". I shared that with my wife and she likes that. Hmm, is that indirectly an OK to start the project?:wink: Suppose I better start looking for a gun ring:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks