• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How are you storing your Deuces? (Plural)

wsucougarx

Ok I've got one truck won pending the EUC. I'm itching for another w/winch. Now I'm not sure what the neighbors or the city is going to think about two green machines parked next to my house (not that I care, but my wife does). I live in a small town and the city council has some members that are from Bellevue (pretty snobby bunch) who are trying to transform a small city into a Snobby Starbuck's drinking town. Has anyone else out there gone to extremes to "hide" their deuces? Besides moving to the country, what have you done?

wsucougarx

It's funny I put an enclosed area next to our garage for an RV some 20 years down the road when we retire or whatever. I'm glad I did, now I've got an area for the deuces. Today I went out and measure the length and found I was 2 feet short for a W/winch and W/o winch. My wife gets home and see's me ripping the small fence on the back part of the enclosed area. She asked me why I was doing that. I just simply said I didn't like the looks of the fence. She then said yah right you're just making more room for another truck. Ahhh, she knows me better than I know myself:)

FreightTrain

Banned
here is how I store them....The neighbors can kiss my cracker rump if they don't like it(Note,I live in a ghetto now...was a NICE neighborhood a decade ago but the neighbors all died off or moved out and it turn into just a HOOD.....)

Attachments

wsucougarx

Offroadfabworks said:
Have not broke in the new neighbors yet. Have a yard now to put them in.

Old ones thought i was nuts :lol:
LOL, yah. I've got one oldtimer living next to me (prev USN), I've got a couple from Romania across the street, I've got yuppies to the other side of of me and across the street. I would love to park the duece right in front of their house, throw in a few gallons of UMO and smoke out the neighborhood in the morning :lol: Ahh yes nothing more pleasing than a disgusted yuppie look as they gaze out their window :lol:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is out in the dirt driveway, given the honorable task of holding down some of the gravel and preventing it from floating away.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
In the backyard, on the 30' x 40' slab that I hope one day grows into a real shop!

Once the shop is built, the deuce will live inside.

chemicaljohn

Mine gets backed down a driveway thats barely wide enough for the truck. My yard is mostly enclosed by trees so, nobody really can see it, at least for another month or so till the leaves fall. I've got several redneck neighbors that think its the coolest thing since sliced bread and one wierd old lady across the street that give dirty looks when i'm backing in. I'd like another deuce, so pouring a bigger driveway or using the grass is the next choice. Hope to move and get more land eventually. I'm within all city code, and don't really care if the neighbors like it or not. If they think i'm crazy, it'll be better when I have my ring mount on in a few months. Some have already seen me carry helicopter parts into the garage to work on. Who knows, maybe a Huey gunship will show up one day...

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Right beside the house. I don't have any neighbors.

Fences make for better neighors. In some applications, a well outfitted deuce with cargo cover can be considered a privacy fence.

No.2Diesel

wsucougarx said: "I live in a small town and the city council has some members that are from Bellevue (pretty snobby bunch)"

Hahaha...in my area if you bragged that you were from Bellevue, that would've meant you came from the insane asylum! (picture mental patients sticking their tongues out :p drooling in a catatonic state :drool: and banging their heads against the walls of the rubber room aua (Its funny how some words or names are permanently attached to bad things or places)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moving on to the storage question: My situation: I have enough room in the back corner on the side of my barn where I park the: Deuce, Tractor-Wrecker, Oshkosh Dump. They're about 150' from the street and due to my location, I don't have neighbors in the rear and on one side of me. That portion of the property is well covered under a thick tree canopy as well as some big Euonymous and Rhododendron hedges around the perimeter. It helps keep things like tops, rubber and paint from wearing in the sun.

I've only had one grumpy munchkin incident luckily and it was from someone who lives down the street.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could put up one of those RV tents and no one would know its not a 40' Motorhome. Another suggestion is to do some preventative landscaping. If your in a suburban or urban setting and you have the room, make sure that you have a nice large evergreen hedge around the perimeter of your lot to block the views of your Deuce. Don't plant stuff that goes naked in the winter. If no one can see it, then you don't have to worry too much. Good luck with the Deuce!!

EO2NMCB

Had the problems with zoning, because of ?hole across the street. So I fixed his wagon and built a 30x30x12 garage that he has to look at instead. It worked out for the best now the m35 is out of the weather and not rusting, and a killer garage to play in.