• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How are you storing your Deuces? (Plural)

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With Google-Earth and all of the satellite images from above, I wonder if the insurance companies are checking on the folks that claim to be storing their historic vehicles, "indoors?"

I know some of the policies require "indoor storage."

I suppose one could say, "Hey, I had it outside the day you looked at my property, but it's inside the rest of the time!"

dm22630

oifvet said:
With Google-Earth and all of the satellite images from above, I wonder if the insurance companies are checking on the folks that claim to be storing their historic vehicles, "indoors?"

I know some of the policies require "indoor storage."

I suppose one could say, "Hey, I had it outside the day you looked at my property, but it's inside the rest of the time!"

Those satellite images are updated about every 1-3 years depending on where you are. And at my house, you can see the roof & the field. You cant zoom in close enough to see anything....AND I park under the trees! :mrgreen: rofl

I think if they have a large force of auditers....they would be checking out false claims & such....not storage conditions, unless you had a $100,000 rare car. 2cents

doc76016

Well, I only got my deuce a couple of weeks ago. I have it parked in my driveway at the moment and I don't really care what the neighbors think. They're welcome to a ride anytime or they can get their panties in a wad and miss out. Heck, they might think it's a step up from my British Ferret (armored scout car) or my Russian Ural motorcycle with sdiecar that frequently spend time there. I am looking for a warehouse, however, as I hope to add a firetruck to the collection soon and it is getting to be a bit troublesome to rotate the vehicles so I can drive the one I want each morning. :)

mdh

TommyG45

I have 15 acres, but I park mine right out in the driveway just to keep people guessing. I need a few more so I can have a symetrical balance, Martha Stuart wouldn't approve otherwise.... It's all about balance

area52

My deuce and my 5 ton are pointed right at my neighbors house so when I fire them up, the neighbors know it!!

Did I mention that I really don't like my neighbors?

MarcM35A2

I bet my neighbors are thinking that I´m crazy, but they are realy happy to dispose there old oil into my multifuel truck! :D
So it´s O.K. to park my truck in front of my house. And if they don´t like it... it´s their problem, not mine! Germany is still a free country too! :lol:
Greetings Marc

Attachments

No way I could park my deuce in front of our house on the street. I'd also be afraid of people jumping around on it or hooligans spraying it or worse. Besides that it would stand in the weather.
Fortunatly I have found a place to rent in an active military installation here. The deuce is in its own hangar there, dry, and out of harms way. I even can store a few things there and the whole thing is guarded! I'm lucky, I guess.

Mark

Attachments

wsucougarx

Nice Hammer, really nice. It must be hard to choose which one to take out:) Some day I will among the masses who stairs at a line up of trucks and itch my head thinking "which one shall it be today":)

jim-m35a2

hippiedude said:
Mine hides right behind that 18000 gal. propaine tank........That tank is huge.....The deuce would fit inside it...... Tim
It would cost over $50,000.00 to fill that tank with propane. :shock:
________
RGV250

Last edited:

wsucougarx

I'm now waiting for the neighbors to call the city:wink: Two deuces two trailers on a small lot. Neighbor commented the other day, "Your yard is looking like a motorpool".

mbwarner

Well, lemme see... I live in the country on two acres. About half is occupied by house, yard, and shop. Leaves me one acre of open ground. 1 acre = 43000 square feet. Truck occupies about 10 by 25=250 square feet. That means 1 acre can store 173 trucks.

Woo-hoo !! 169 trucks to go !!!:-D