• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How did you pick up / move your MEP 002

Keith_J

Lateral CG is displaced to one side. They can be tippy end loaded.

Far safer to use a hook on the lifting eye

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The forklift can load it long ways with out the pallet there is a crossbar under the genset it will sit on without damaging it they load mine on my truck all the time when I pick them up at the freight yard.
Perfect, thanks for the info.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lateral CG is displaced to one side. They can be tippy end loaded.

Far safer to use a hook on the lifting eye
I have plenty of options to remove it from the truck on my end, but i am limited to what they have at GL to load it on their end. Last time I picked up something at Hooks, TX they had a forklift, so before I make the 3.5 hour drive, I wanted to make sure they have a way of loading it in my truck.

I am open to using the lifting eye, if they have something to help me lift it that way.

This would have been so much easier if I had not loaned my trailer out before winning this auction. :)

Isaac-1

You may want to bring your own chain or lifting strap that can be wrapped around the fork lift forks. However if it were me I would be very nervous letting the fork lift operators at Hooks around the bed of my truck, I have only picked up there a couple of times, but on both occasions their skills did not inspire confidence, one of the times picking up a non-highway trailer mounted diesel compressor loading it onto my trailer they upended it, and it almost flipped over off the side of my trailer (the whole time I am yelling at them about what is about to happen and they just ignored me).

Ike

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been dealing mainly with OK GL sights and they seem to be very skilled with the fork lifts and really go the extra mile to help out.

Sad to hear I may not get the same service from Hooks.:(

derf

I had a MEP-003A loaded into the bed of my Toyota Tacoma Prerunner by the guy with the forklift at the GL site. I unloaded it at a friend's shop with his forklift.

I've used an engine crane to unload my 1000+ pound Kubota generator before. I could pick it up, turn it sideways, and lower it on to the legs of the crane and move it around using the crane like a dolly.

derf

You may want to bring your own chain or lifting strap that can be wrapped around the fork lift forks. However if it were me I would be very nervous letting the fork lift operators at Hooks around the bed of my truck, I have only picked up there a couple of times, but on both occasions their skills did not inspire confidence, one of the times picking up a non-highway trailer mounted diesel compressor loading it onto my trailer they upended it, and it almost flipped over off the side of my trailer (the whole time I am yelling at them about what is about to happen and they just ignored me).

Ike
I haven't been to Hooks, yet.

The lady at Ft. Polk is skilled with her forklift.
The guy at Eglin is good.
The guys at Camp Shelby are good, too.

Isaac-1

I assume your talking about Maxine at Ft. Polk, I have known her for almost 20 years, when we first met she was the manager of the hair care place next door to where I had a shop.

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks