• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I bleed air tanks?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would assume you are talking about the air tanks for the brakes?

There is a valve on the bottom of each tank.

Plus it is all on the TM which in the resources section.

sw

Westech

CPL
smokes... I hope you have not owned a deuce for long.. other wise I bet there full of water by now. Go under the truck and you will see two air tanks... unscrew the bleeder valve and GET OUT! Ha really it should just trickel out if you have no pressure in the tanks.. if you do just open them very slow and watch out for squarting water, oil and other Nastys.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to the Deuce Wiki Page and towards the bottom are the links to the Technical Manuals.

Deuce - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

Download them all and start by reading the -10 Operators manuals.

You can also download the manuls from the Resouces tab at the top.

I have download all the old and new manuals. The 209, 361, manuals for the tranny, starter, alternator, LDT engine, etc. Over 35 in all.

You can never have to much reading material.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to bleed them empty at the end of each day of use. If you have never drained the tanks, they are likely full of water, oil, rust, etc. You may find out that the drain valves are plugged if they haven't been drained in a while. Use a piece if wire to clear the drains when opened if they are plugged. It is very important for your brakes to keep the tanks empty of water.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once and a while start with inside tank drain compleatly. Then do outside tank. There is a one way check valve that should hold the air in the outside tank if inside had a leak. This way you check the valve.

wb1895

Behind the cab on the drivers side, behind the pioneer tool rack you will see two round tanks. They should have a small ball valve on the underside of each one. Open the valves and stand back if there is pressure in them.

Also if you are this unfamiliar with a deuce you should start reading now before you even think of driving it on the road. If you done feel like reading up on the proper operation of it, then PLEASE start driving it in a field, away from poeple, houses, and anything of value.

bmH1065

I need to read the op manual. The way we were taught to start one was to turn the engine over before starting it in case there was water on top of a piston to avoid hydrostatic lock. (our MO, WW3 would pull anybody out of a truck and chew him out big time if he heard one fire right off. Saw him do it to a 2nd Lt once.

saddamsnightmare

February 17th, 2010.

What Roscoe and wb1895 said.... These babies are not toys, they have the damage potential of a small locomotive depending on speed.... so you really want to know that they are in good operation and mechanical condition, and you ALWAYS want to play the game in your mind "What will I do if this, this or this happens unexpectedly while I'm driving this truck"... It might save yours or someone else's lives....
Thanks for asking us, better safe then sorry... and really get to know and love your truck.;)

Good luck and cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:smile:

aspann

Welcome to the forum Jimma. I was in your shoes 3 weeks ago. I ask as many questions that I knew to ask from the guy I bought my MV from. When I would come up with a new question, I would call him. He liked to help me out. Also, like the members above said, read, read and in your spare time read some more. I have got a world of wealth of information from this site. The threads go way back. Most everyone here will help you out. Some will have wise #@# answere but they are all in good nature. You probably won't get the wise answers until after the question you asked has been answered. This is a fun place. Again, welcome.:beer:

aspann

By the way Jimma, I just received a geared lug wrench from Mr. Kip. He has them for $100, that includes shipping. Mine is like new, doesn't appear to have been used. They will come in handy. Kip has them in the classifieds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks